Potential for Remote Work to start… then relocate to North Charleston, SC.
As part of a Cyber Solutions Technology Group (STG) you help to develop an infrastructure and culture that will systematically create, share and apply knowledge to achieve objectives in building a cyber security innovation center.
• Understand cyber security concepts in regards to threats, indicators of compromise and impact analysis of cyber threats.
• Ability to understand, identify and correlate across multiple data sets for a cohesive view of the cyber landscape and process multiple data feeds utilizing a data aggregation platform.
• Understand business, technical, and program requirements.
• Work daily with remote teams in order to provide progress updates as well as reach out for any assistance needed.
• Assist in the creation and general system design and technical specifications for new/replacement systems, taking into consideration computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and desired results.
• Supply time estimates related to data analysis efforts.
• Develop dashboards for use by cyber analysts that address identified use cases.
• Perform additional duties as required
• Experience with IT systems for 2+ years.
• Minimum 1-year hands on experience with Splunk. Certified Admin/Developer or Architect a plus.
• Knowledge of Linux Operating systems
• Jira/Confluence knowledge is a plus
• Ability to explain complex technical terms and systems to others
• Works well with remote teams
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly collaborative and able to give/receive critical feedback
• Ability to learn new applications quickly
• Solid ability to take ownership and initiative
• Bachelor in IT related field or 3 years of additional applied work experience. Prefer BS in Computer Science, Data Management, or Information Systems or 8 years of qualified experience
• Must be United States citizen
• Must be willing and able to obtain and maintain DoD security clearance
• Required: Security + or accepted credentials to achieve DOD IAT level-1
• Desired: Active credentials to achieve DOD IAT level-2 or higher
• Desired: Linux and/or Windows certifications
• Minimal and on an as needed basis