Advanced-level Systems Engineer position providing engineering support to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA). This position will be located at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama.
Duties include the following:
Working closely with MDA, Navy, Army, and other DOD civilian and contract personnel across multiple levels to identify, manage, and verify dependencies between facility and system-level requirements to support deployment of Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) capabilities.
Identifying, generating, and managing requirements and requirements documentation in support of MDA Program Elements.
Leading and supporting analyses, preparation of results, and drafting reports of the findings for the FD Program Manager and MDA Chief Systems Engineer.
Supporting the identification and resolution of technical issues associated with the worldwide deployment of BMD capabilities.
Representing FD Systems Engineering during coordination and meetings with the FD Program Manager or MDA Director of Programs and Integration, as necessary
- Familiarity with MDA and Army Acquisition Process.
- Experience managing requirements and requirements traceability through DOORS a plus.
- Familiarity and experience with large-scale construction activities a plus.
- Familiarity and experience with acquisition of large DOD weapon systems a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills, allowing for effective communication with MDA, Navy, Army, and other DOD civilian and contract personnel across multiple levels.
- Strong written communication skills are essential - Demonstrated ability to write clearly, concisely with high quality standards.