Access Talent Today, LLC
- Jacksonville, FL
Our client is currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic for a position in either Cherry Point, NC; Jacksonville, FL and North Island, CA locations.
Interprets construction and project renovation blueprints, prepares layouts and sketches, prepares purchase requests for tools, material and equipment needed to ensure. Work must be accurate and to specifications according to job requirements.
Performs work in at least two of the following trades in the maintenance and repair of grounds, exterior structures, buildings and related fixtures and utilities from initial layout completion.
- Plumbing: Installs, modifies and repairs new and existing utility, supply and disposal systems and equipment such as sewage, water, oil and gas distribution systems, water closets, tube, fire sprinkler systems and showers. Works from building plans, blueprints and sketches.
- Carpentry: Uses skilled techniques to construct, install, repair and modify wood and wood substitute structures and items requiring close tolerance fit and structural soundness. Assembles items using a variety of joining techniques and are skilled in the operation of general and precision carpentry and wood working equipment and are able to produce finished products with precise fits, accurate dimensions and acceptable appearance.
- Painting: Performs special coating methods such as marbling and graining using coating materials prepared in special as well as common ways and by applying coating techniques that ensures surfaces have a smooth-textured and decorative appearance and meet thickness and level requirements.
- Electrical: Installs, modifies, repairs, maintains, troubleshoots, tests and loads new and existing electrical lines, circuits, systems, associated fixtures, controls and equipment at a skilled journeyman level. Works from building plans, blueprints, wiring diagrams, engineering drawings, and electrical maintenance and repair manuals to plan and lay out the routing, replacement, type, size, gauge, balance, lad, continuity and safe operation of electrical lines and lighting, circuits, systems, equipment and controls. Determines and places distribution panels, junction boxes, fittings and connections and installs wiring, couplings, conduit, relays, fixtures, transformers and other electrical devices. Plans and lays out work, tracing hard to locate defects or problems and completing repairs and installations with little or no technical advice using a wide variety of test equipment such as voltmeter, ammeter, wattmeter and ohmmeter.
- Masonry: Plans and lays out work to be done for repair, alteration or construction of exterior and interior surfaces and structures built of brick, block, glass block, terra cotta, stone and various artificial and nature stone. Cuts and shapes materials used for constructing and repairing window and door openings and corners. Ensures courses are laid evenly and that completed work blends with existing brickwork and corners. Ensures courses are laid evenly and that completed work blends with existing brickwork. Observes required safety, sanitation and hazardous waste disposal rules and regulations. Operate vehicle to transport tools and materials to work site. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: High School Education or equivalent. Specialty Training courses applicable to the functional area.
Experience: Minimum of Seven (7) years recent experience.
Knowledge: Working knowledge of military publications, drawings, blueprints, microfilm, diagrams and schematics
Tuesday, September 25, 2018