Cyber Security Advisor (Direct Hire)
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Katy, TX
Brief Team and Position Summary:
A newly formed business area of an established 150 year-old Company is combining their legacy software, cyber security and platform as a service with other digital capabilities.
They are seeking a senior cyber security, business development consultant to grow and develop innovative solutions that address the current cyber security market and regulatory challenges.You will be proactive in business development, and taking ownership of client deliverables, utilizing consistent methodologies, processes and toolsets for good practice development and contributing to the success of the business unit.
The Cyber Security service line includes (but not limited to) following services:
- Penetration Tests
- Cyber Vulnerability Assessments
- Cyber Security Due Diligence Investigation
- Cyber Security Policies and Procedures Development
- Incident Response Planning
- Cyber Security Risk Assessment
- Cybersecurity Awareness Training
You will work closely with team members in this unit, members from global cyber security network, and other internal stakeholders from business area Oil & Gas, Energy, Business Assurance and Maritime to meet the aspirations of the business plan, and operational delivery as the company moves towards a leading position in Americas cyber security markets.
This is a US-based opportunity
Preferred Locations: Houston, TX, Oakland, CA or Mechanicsburg, PA
Applicants must be fully-authorized to work in the US, flexibility to travel within the region and overseas for various periods of time. Candidate subject to background check.
Requirements: (Mandatory qualifications for this position)
- Business responsibilities
- Support head of department in creating business plans and strategy
- Preparing and conducting external and internal customer meetings and presentations
- Writing business proposals and Statement of Work (SOW) for large and small projects, estimate project delivery tasks.
- Taking ownership of small to mid-sized projects, including project management and delivery of all project needs such as written and oral feedback to the client, presentation materials, evaluations, data summaries and reports
- Following up business opportunities, leading on negotiation and closing business contracts
- Knowledge of one or more of Company’s primary business areas:Maritime, Oil and Gas, Energy.
- Experience in building and leading high-performing teams preferred
- Business development, reporting and forecasting
- Technical competencies
- Education - Bachelor’s degree or greater
- 5 years of related experience in OT (Operation Technology) from Oil & Gas and/or maritime industries
- 5 years of related experiences in IT (Cyber Security / Information Technology).
- Behavioral competencies
- Professional Experience and Industry Contacts (technically and commercially) from Energy sector, Oil and Gas business, Maritime business and/or Technical Consulting industry.
- Delivery Experience –experience preferred as a consultant or other “knowledge workers”.
- Result orientation – Is highly resilient, works with pace, focus and determination to overcome obstacles and deliver business results.
- Integrated/Team Working –Collaborates effectively with colleagues and stakeholder, and across the wider Company business, ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Communication - Excellent overall communication skills including the ability to write clearly and concisely, translating complex data and conveying information to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Customer-facing skills – ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with our clients.
- Analytical - Able to challenge and review technical projects.
- Creative – Demonstrates a high level of technical expertise and the ability to apply this knowledge to practical problems.
- Time Management - Good organizational skills with the ability to deal with multiple issues under pressure.
- Adaptable – Openness to continual learning with regard to emerging technologies, regulatory drivers and industry developments.Ability and willingness to learn and adapt quickly, and follow procedures
- Other qualifications
- Project experience or working knowledge of market-leading cybersecurity frameworks (e.g. ETSI Cyber Security Technical Committee, ISO 27001 and 27002, NERC, NIST, etc.)
- Business acumen and ability to lead others
- Travel requirement (20-30% of the year) and flexibility to travel within the Americas and overseas for various periods of time.
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) and/or Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Working knowledge of Kali Linux, Metasploit, Python Scripts, Windows OS
- Physical abilities necessary to perform regular functions of the job (standing, travel, ability to travel)
Tuesday, December 11, 2018