The G3 SME with ANASOC and all subordinate organization counterparts and serves as the subject matter expert for all matters concerning training, operations and plans, force development, and modernization.
- The G3 SME works with the ANASOC G3 staff and shall be capable of the following: planning, coordinating, preparing for and executing operational tasks; synchronizing functions among staff in support of all operations to include the planning and orders process, and continually assessing the situation or execution of operations; conducting MDMP; integrating and
coordinating between special operations and conventional forces, validating requirements for the PPBE process
- Shall have a minimum of one year experience as a Senior Field Grade Officer with the U.S. Army or Marine Corps at the Corps/Division/Brigade Combat Team-level Operations Section (or equivalent) or Special Operations Group level Operations Section (or equivalent) in a managerial position.
- Combat experience required, preferably with 12 months experience in Afghanistan. Shall have a minimum of one year operational experience in support of the Global War on Terrorism (GWOT) preferably working at a Task Force Joint Operations Center, Special Operations unit or equivalent level in a managerial role working with foreign military and civilian personnel.
- Shall have familiarity with the following methodologies: F3EAD, Social Network Analysis and CARVER or other variants
- Applicants must be able to pass CENTCOM medical, dental and other CRC-related deployment requirements at an approved CRC.
- Applicants must be in possession of a current/active US tourist Passport (with further eligibility to receive – if not already in possession of – a current Afghanistan visa).
- If candidate is already deployed, he/she must supply appropriate documentation satisfying these requirements along with confirmation that he/she is in physical possession of
government-issued PPE to demonstrate compliance with CENTCOM deployment requirements.
- Willing to work and live in Afghanistan and understand they can be further assigned to any location in Afghanistan based upon the needs of the U.S. Government
- Special Operations experience preferred. At least one year of experience in a G3 Operations section at the Brigade-level with Special Operations experience highly desired.