Access Talent Today, LLC
- Washington, DC
Seeking an Analyst / Technical Writer in Washington, DC with Secret Clearance.
This position will be instrumental in assisting the IA Directorate in its support of the Enterprise Cloud Compliance and Security program. Under the Information Assurance Service line, the Analyst / Technical Writer will support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM), Information Assurance (IA) Directorate. The dedicated Analyst / Technical Writer will be responsible for supporting Cloud Security and Compliance (CSC) project to include, but not limited to, working with and assisting IA stakeholders with documenting new or updating existing plans, processes, procedures, work instructions and other documentation, identifying where processes can be streamlined, and ensuring that the document management process is followed.
The Analyst / Technical Writer is a highly motivated individual that is responsible for defining, developing and improving operational processes, policies, roles and responsibilities and performance measurements to ensure program objectives are being met with optimal efficiency. Additionally, the position will monitor and perform product reviews, update and facilitate policies and procedures to enact continuous service improvement in a highly complex and dynamic environment.
Description of Duties:
The Analyst / Technical Writer is responsible for editing, proofreading and providing writing support, the conceptualization, layout and preparation of high quality graphics, text, and templates, and the design, preparation, and creation of new media projects on non-technical and/or technical documents or sections of documents prepared by writers such as manuals, procedures and specifications.
The Analyst / Technical Writer is responsible for:
- Checking drafts for format, clarity and overall cohesiveness.
- Ensuring documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhering to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style.
- Producing and/or revising technical articles, proposals, publications, books, manuals, reports, and marketing materials and determining project requirements and presenting drafts of finished product to the user ensuring high quality of output.
- Reviewing rough drafts and making suggestions.
- In addition, individuals may design and develop multimedia applications, systems and products involving computer graphics and interactive computing using a variety of new media software applications, techniques and tools.
- Monitoring and maintaining policies, plans, processes, standard operation procedures (SOPs), work instructions, and other IA assets, as required.
- Leading, coordinating, and facilitating the creation of stakeholder reviews of required documentations.
- Participating/facilitating quality reviews of supporting documentation for CSC initiatives necessary for stakeholder awareness of new and updated processes.
- Assisting in monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of processes to ensure consistent value and quality delivery to the Program.
- Interviewing stakeholders to determine operational requirements and objectives, such as organization functions, inputs and outputs, and step-by-step procedures.
- Recommending, planning and developing a strategy to implement process improvements, including: as-is and future to-be state and monitoring results to verify effectiveness.
- Documenting process definitions attributes and work flows, including visual diagrams where appropriate.
- Examine processes holistically to understand the impact of change on people, strategy, systems and general business operations; articulate and present process change recommendations to Government and Contractor staff.
- Interfacing with the customer and participating in all CSC project meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline and six plus years of experience working in a technical operations environment supporting mission critical systems. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Primary focus will by analytical support. Resource should have information knowledge about information security/assurance concepts and cloud computing concepts.
- The resource needs to be able to learn and understand what they are writing about.
- Must have demonstrated and proven skills in writing documentation (i.e. standard operating procedures, user guides, and similar products) to clearly disseminate relevant information to an enterprise-wide audience to increase user awareness and provide relevant and different types of materials.
- Extremely strong, proficient and demonstrated oral and written communication skills with experience working effectively with direct customer, senior management, project management team members, and technical staff members regarding communication and system issues.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with ability to work directly with customers, including VIP’s.
- Ability to draft and generate original document artifacts.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and quick turnaround deliverables, and exceptional attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and focus on delivery of products and services on time.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views as well as gives and welcomes feedback. Demonstrate an adaptive style that is flexible and effective in gaining cooperation of others.
- Cloud experience (related to O365, Azure, and/or AWS)
- Competency in Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Office products, including Visio.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Experience with quality assurance, and quality control a plus.
- Experience with process definition and improvement
Clearance Requirement: SECRET (Active)
Tuesday, June 25, 2019