RF Electrical/Manufacturing Engineer
Access Talent Today, LLC
- State College, PA
Location: State College, PA
Industry: Aerospace & Defense
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Experience: years
What You’ll Do:
- Applies general principles and techniques of Electrical Engineering
- Participates in electrical requirements analysis, functional analysis, performance analysis
- Participates in internal electrical reviews of electrical components, equipment and systems
- Design and test of microwave circuits including, filters, couplers, amplifiers, phase-locked oscillators
- Component identification, test, and verification
- Composing specifications and final reports
- Design modification of existing products due to part obsolescence and/or varying customer requirements
- Work and interface with other staff members in Engineering, Sales, Purchasing, Quality, and Production
- Generally works on diverse range of complex problems under limited direction
- Some travel maybe required
- May provide leadership and/or direction to lower level employees
What You’ll Need:
- Working knowledge of electrical engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Working knowledge of electrical engineering design processes
- Use of electrical engineering CAD tools (block diagrams, schematics)
- Experience designing, prototyping, and testing electronic circuits
- Working knowledge of electronic test equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, etc.
- Mastery knowledge of common electronic components circuits such as discrete transistor amplifiers, integrated op-amps, voltage regulators, etc.
- Basic electrical simulation using SPICE, etc.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office applications
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Creative thinker
- Ability to recognize and clearly report information relevant to sound electrical engineering design
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Willingness to take on problems they have not seen before, research, ask for guidance, and figure it out.
- Experience designing and troubleshooting microwave circuits up to 40GHz
- Hands on working knowledge of Low Noise Amplifiers, Block Converters, Line Drivers, and Solid State Power Amplifiers
- Microwave test equipment, including: Network analyzers, power meters, noise figure meters, spectrum analyzers, power supplies, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Experience with microwave circuit components, including BJTs, GaAsFETs, GaNFETs, MMICs, oscillators, isolators/circulators, filters, high frequency connectors, power dividers/combiners, lumped and distributed networks
- Prior experience with microwave design CAE simulation programs, including linear design software (e.g., Genesys, ADS, AWR, Ansys), EM simulation software (e.g., CST MWS, HFSS), cascade analysis software (e.g., AWR VSS, Genesys Spectrasys, Arden Syscalc, Appcad)
- Prior exposure to ATE systems controlled through Matlab or Labview
- Very hands on and willing to work with manufacturing floor employees that have varying degrees of experience.
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, a related specialized area or field, combined with 5+ years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree combined with 3+ years of relevant experience.
What to Expect:
- Applicants selected for employment will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background investigation which may include education, criminal and work history verifications.
- Accepted applicants will have the opportunity to be eligible for benefits, including medical and supplemental insurance and a 401K. Appreciation and gratitude for employees is a hallmark of organizations with low turnover.
Monday, March 16, 2020