Virtualization/ Storage Engineer (Interim Secret clearance required)
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Fort Huachuca, AZ
Primary responsibility is the implementation of the organization's virtualized environment, managing two or more of the following families: applications systems analysis and programming, operating systems analysis and programming, information systems training, or database management. Reviews all systems development project requests and coordinates schedules and related departmental activity. Provides overall direction and guidance to assigned project managers. Reviews and evaluates work of subordinate staff and prepares performance reports. Prepares activity and progress reports regarding all systems analysis and programming sections.
Our client is looking for a motivated candidate capable and willing to learn and perform the following duties:
- Provision, test, and monitor policy changes for Information Systems
- Correct system and application problems identified in event logs
- Review and monitor event logs and user access logs provide routine system updates
- Identify basic network and system fault corrections
- Provide account management services to create, modify, and delete administrator and user accounts
- Respond to automatically generated trouble tickets for changes in status and assign them to the appropriate analyst
- Monitor, maintain, and develop scripts for automated processing
- Provide guidance to team members as required
- Patch systems
- Troubleshoot application errors, operating system(s), server hardware, network communications and storage allocation issues within the Data Services environment.
- Utilize diagnostic tools to trace and resolve technical problems.
- Utilize Remedy ITSM to track and resolve problems impacting continued system operations and make recommendations for any corrective actions required.
- Plan, coordinate, and document the use of revised/updated procedures, processes, and methods for the operations and maintenance of the Data Services infrastructure.
- Provide "on-call" support after business hours and during weekends when required
- HS +4 or AA/AS +2 or BA/BS +0 IT experience/ education
- IAT II certification required (GSEC, Security+, SCNP, SSCP)
- Vmware CA or other on Ce list w/in 180 days
- Excellent team skills, must be thorough, must have excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrate initiative and be results oriented with flexibility and tenacity
- Demonstrate the ability to continuously adjust priorities to reflect changing circumstances
- Ability to work in a dynamic cross-organizational team environment
- Strong dedication to provide quality customer service
- Effective problem-solving skills and inherent decision-making ability
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly identify the cause of issues with the system or determine if other teams need to be included in resolving an issue
- Ability to manage own projects including communications to customers as well as work as part of a larger team managed by a project manager
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as necessary
- Must be US Citizen with an Interim Secret clearance
Monday, April 16, 2018