Principal Cyber Security Engineer/Architect (TS/SCI)
Access Talent Today, LLC
- El Segundo, CA
Assist the US Air Force in developing and deploying the next generation of satellites and ground systems for missile warning (MW) and environmental monitoring (EM).
- These systems alert senior military officials when missile launches occur around the globe, as well as enable global naval vessel and troop movements by providing mission-critical weather data to ensure safe passage.
- The Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team has an immediate need for a Cyber Engineer/Architect with experience analyzing space and ground system architectures.
- Seeking innovative, creative, and highly motivated individuals to support the strategic planning and tactical execution of cybersecurity integration, Risk Management Framework (RMF), and Defensive Cyberspace Operations (DCO) activities.
- Provide system security engineering (SSE) and integration expertise in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center’s (SMC) MW and SBEM mission areas.Candidate will support requirements development, system verification, and concepts of operations (CONOPS) development for all MW and EM systems.Major duties of the position include:
- Ensure cybersecurity architecture and design of the customer’s systems are functional and secure with the ability to identify, protect, detect, respond and recover from cyber-attack.
- Apply a combination of expert engineering knowledge of security solutions to design, develop and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture security policies and support full spectrum military cyberspace operations.
- Overseeing system and network designs that encompass multiple computer and network devices to include those with differing data protections/classification requirements.
- Providing SSE, integration services, technical assessments, and solutions to enable cybersecurity and DCO.
- Defining system security requirements, assessing system security architecture designs, and supporting the development and sustainment of an enterprise RMF accreditation package from concept development and contract pre-acquisition through contractor design and accreditation.
- Supporting cybersecurity activities for space, ground, operations, logistics, and sustainment elements of the MW and SBEM enterprise by identifying risks, issues, and interdependencies between system elements, contracts and stakeholders.
- Developing and briefing data packages that provide analysis results to inform the government decision-makers.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
- Master’s Degree in Math, Science or Engineering with 15+ Years of demonstrated system engineering experience with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of DoD, NSA or NRO programs with a proven delivery record or a Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Science or Engineering with 17+ Years of demonstrated experience.
- Cyber Workforce Management Program (DoDD 8140.01 & DoD 8570.01-m) Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level III and/or Information Assurance System Architect and Engineer (IASAE) Level III certified.
- Experience in defining, developing, implementing and sustaining system accreditations for Air Force Space Command, Air Force and Department of Defense systems and networks.
- Solid understanding and technical knowledge of common cybersecurity engineering, architecture and design and principles.
- Experience working across space and ground segment organizations to coordinate and identify system requirements that ensure end-to-end mission performance requirements are met.
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment, with space and/or ground systems.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organizational and interpersonal skills
Wednesday, October 2, 2019