Seeking a Nuclear Quality Engineer on site on the North Side of Minneapolis, MN - Full Relocation Package is available.
A world leader in engineering intelligent solutions is growing its Nuclear division.
Reporting to the Quality Manager & Export Compliance Officer, the ideal candidate for the Nuclear Quality Engineer role is a trusted self-starter, with hands-on quality management experience, who can balance the expectations of our customers with the requirements of the project.
• Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of quality assurance practices to develop, maintain and improve overall quality system processes
• Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
• Directs technical and administrative workers engaged in quality activities. Assists in assuring that proper training of all pertinent personnel in standard operating procedures is performed.
• Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records
• Prepare and review CGD packages for dedication
• Assist in maintaining the Nuclear & related Quality Inspection Programs
• Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management
• Maintains audit schedule; internal & external
• Coordinate all Nuclear QA/QC requirements within the site. Directs and provides informal training of internal auditors
• Performs internal and external quality audits
The individual for this role will have previous experience and/or demonstrated strengths in the following areas:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Science or demonstrated equivalent experience is mandatory
• 5+ years direct working knowledge and experience with 10CFR50 Appendix B Nuclear Quality Program or ANSI/ASME NQA-1 program, and knowledge of 10CFR21 – Non-conformance reporting requirements
• Comprehensive knowledge of nuclear quality standards and ASME Codes
• Heavily involved exposure to supplier quality personnel and internal/external supply audits
• Experience coordinating Nuclear QA/QC requirements on-site
• ANSI 45.2.23/NQA-1 Lead Auditor Certified
• Experience reporting results of quality activities/metrics
• Salary is $120K Max
• Full Relocation Package