Cloud Security Engineer
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Dallas, TX
Our client is a dynamic, diverse financial services organization that services more than 200,000 participants nationwide. We offer retirement, insurance, investment management, property and casualty coverage, and executive planning products and services
We are currently seeking a Security Engineer to join our Information Technology team. This position will help define and implement networking and security strategy using industry best practices within a variety of cloud and networking platforms. The individual in this role will work closely with our Infrastructure and Development teams to provide a highly available, secure networking and cloud infrastructure for external customers and internal employees.
What you will do:
- Design and implement physical and cloud based network and security solutions.
- Develop DevSecOps processes and automation to support a growing DevOps infrastructure.
- Create pro-active CyberSecurity assessment, defense and response solutions.
- Deploy and manage a diverse array of cloud and networking technologies.
- Work with traditional on-prem network security/monitoring systems and their hybrid connectivity to cloud environments.
- Work closely with Infrastructure and Development (DevOps) teams to deploy critical business solutions.
- Mentor IT staff and business partners on Cloud and CyberSecurity best practices.
- Help shape technology path with an emphasis on Cloud IaaS and PaaS solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Science (preferred)
- Cisco or Juniper networking certification (preferred)
- SANS GIAC security focused certification (preferred)
- Microsoft Systems / Cloud Platform certification (preferred)
- Applied Windows Server 2008-2019 experience
- Microsoft PowerShell or comparable scripting experience
- Applied networking experience with switching, routing, wireless, firewalls and load balancers
- Applied experience with cloud technologies and security with an emphasis on DevSecOps and continuous deployment
- Applied experience with pro-active CyberSecurity methodologies
Wednesday, August 28, 2019