IP Licensing Specialist 5
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Tukwila, WA
U.S. Citizenship Required*
- Advise on matters related to the acquisition, transfer and divestiture of intellectual property.
- Collaborate with business units to define, analyze and facilitate the resolution of IP as it relates to technology portfolio development for licensing consideration.
- Review existing IP assets to determine the nature and scope of the company’s rights and ownership and potential external application.
- Create strategic options for business unit consideration.
- Guide or perform IP portfolio assessments in key technology areas and determine company position regarding licensing to external markets.
- Analyze risk and value inherent in an IP portfolio.
- Pursue licensing business development opportunities of designated technology domain that enable products and services in a wide range of industries.
- Analyze markets, trends and future requirements of competitors across multiple industry sectors, government and regulatory agencies.
- Develop marketing and licensing strategies to create and maximize value.
- Conduct market and intellectual property valuation, preparing and examining pricing information, developing proposed plans to successfully negotiate out-licenses.
- Formulate licensing strategies to extract value from strategic business relationships such as research and development collaborations, joint development agreements, strategic partnerships, basic research agreements, and acquisitions.
- Consult on business objectives, strategies, plans and market development within a specific technology area.
- Develop and implement business negotiation strategies for high-leverage opportunities.
- Oversee development of deployable technologies for licensing.
- Provide guidance in the development of alternative business and licensing strategies.
- Serve as a consultant to integrate business unit objectives, strategies, and plans with licensing opportunities within technology domain area assigned.
- Communicate and determine appropriate commercialization strategy for designated technology domain.
- Able to support travel that depends on assignment of business development domain. Primary travel will be domestic and up to 30%. Other potential countries: China, India, Japan, and the UK.
- Significant background in the following technical domains: cyber security, data analytics, network & communications, machine learning including artificial intelligence (AI).
- Extensive network across internal R&D and engineering organizations.
- Business Development & Sales: Technology Transfer/Licensing/Monetization
- Technical Background; Technology development & joint collaboration
- Energetic; Self-Starter
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Team Player
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education and Experience:
- Technical Bachelor’s degree and typically 18 or more years’ related work experience or a Master’s degree with typically 15 or more years’ or a PhD degree with typically 12 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Wednesday, January 24, 2018