Access Talent Today, LLC
- Portland, OR
We are seeking high performing individuals on a Contract Basis to support the development and management of our client’s Insider Threat Management Program. The client is a well known company and is located near Portland, Oregon.
The Insider Threat Analyst shall conduct technical analysis of user activity data and alerts to identify indicators of insider threats.
- Analysts are expected to review data in support of security inquiries and investigations. You will compile results of analyses into reports or products that are concise, accurate, and timely and be capable of presenting the results to team members and management as required.
- Analysts will triage insider threat alerts by correlating insider threat data with other data sources to determine potential indications of malicious or risky insider activity.
- You will work with cross-functional team members to refine alerts based on triage results and current events. Analysts also contribute to the development of processes and procedures to support the continued improvement of the Insider Threat Management Program.
- We’re seeking high character, self-motivated, and results-oriented professionals who thrive in a high-impact, high-reward environment for this full-time, contract position (that runs to end of May, 2020 with possible 1 year renewal and possible FTE beginning June of 2020).
Overall Responsibilities and Duties
Analysis and Assessment. Conduct all-source analysis, cyber analysis, and investigative analysis. Coordinate the application of insider risk models and assign risk levels for insiders. Access and integrate information from client’s network monitoring tools and other data analytics tools and sources to decipher underlying trends or uncover anomalies and discern obscure patterns and attributes.
Data Triage. Conduct data triage of anomalous events collected by approved User Activity Monitoring (UAM), Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and other client network and endpoint monitoring tools. Elevate and investigate anomalous events of concern.
Analytic Case Support. Conduct case support to client’s insider threat activities and requirements pursuant to investigations, administrative or security inquiries, security risk assessments, or other adjudicative assessments.
Briefings and Reports. Prepare and present analysis, in the form of briefings and reports. Briefings and reports must be free from style and grammatical errors, shall address all investigative and analytical findings, and be suitable for publication to client stakeholders.
Training. Plan, create, and deliver training on insider risk management to employees and contractors.
Specialized Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years as an Insider threat analyst.
- Experience in support of government, DoD or large corporate Insider Threat Programs.
- Experience with analytical problem solving and familiarity with conducting operations relating to insider threat, counterintelligence investigations, or counterespionage.
- Enthusiasm. Approach each day and task with energy and genuine interest in helping the client manage insider risk.
- Familiarity with data analytics tools used for insider threat information collection on computer networks or knowledge of other insider threat risk scoring data analytics tools and programs.
- Understanding of insider threat analysis, user activity data, and DLP data.
- Experience with the modus operandi of insider threat and associated capabilities and motivations.
- Must possess superior writing and briefing skills.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to express ideas verbally and in writing to a variety of audience level, including senior security, corporate management and large audiences.
- Ability to design, plan, and deliver effective training programs.
Wednesday, August 14, 2019