Structural Analysis Engineer 4
Access Talent Today, LLC
- North Charleston, SC
U.S. Citizenship Required*
- This engineering position is for the liaison stress group.
- Apply knowledge of structural analysis principles to assess and resolve product/process issues discovered throughout the product lifecycle.
- Analyze MRB dispositions for structural integrity and identify, document and communicate deviations that could impact design intent and safety.
- Provide alternate repair recommendations as necessary to LE to meet structural requirements.
- This position will support the entire 787 program at the BSC site.
- Mentor and develop team member's technical capabilities by knowledge sharing and training.
- Positive & proactive leadership to motivate team members and maintain healthy work atmosphere.
- Check mentees’ work for technical accuracy.
- Help facilitate daily team stand up utilizing OPD best practices.
- Proactive collaboration with customer, build positive relationships. (i.e. LE team)
- Manage daily team priorities to effectively utilize team resources
- Effectively communicate with other lead engineers, management and team members.
- Lead development, integration and documentation of structural requirements to establish system design.
- Coordinate with other engineering groups to establish the product environment.
- Guide product design and verify structural integrity by using and developing analytical methods, finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product lifecycle to develop the structural environment, characteristics and performance.
- Lead development of test plans and configurations, support test execution and analyze/report test results to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
- Define and document certification and test results to substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies that requirements are satisfied.
- Support in-service products by leading investigations into failures and analyzing improvements.
- Develop analytical processes/tools to improve effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the development effort.
- Work under minimal direction.
- 1st and 2nd shift
- Candidate must be able to support all shifts.
- Looking for a senior engineer with a servant / mentor leadership mindset who communicates and collaborates well with others and fosters an environment that values diversity.
- Experience with 787 Structures
- Experience with MRB stress support
- Knowledge of composite repair and analysis techniques
- Knowledge of static, fatigue and damage tolerance analsis.
- Able to coach or mentor co-workers
- Able to work with others; team player
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience.
- Degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
Thursday, September 20, 2018