The Manager of Cleared Systems Administration is a crucial part in the company’s mission to delivering leading solutions, capabilities, and resources to their customers in National Security, Defense, Federal/Civilian, and other organizations.
As a leader within their Classified IT Operations teams, you will provide oversight, direction, and leadership necessary for the day-to-day and continuous administration, monitoring, and compliance of classified network(s), systems, and services in accordance with customer-defined frameworks (i.e. RMF/NIST800-53).
You will leverage your experience, communication and engagement skills to inspire and guide your team of highly skilled Administrators, as well as partners and teammates ranging from Engineers, Support Analysts, Security Assessors, and Program Management stakeholders to ensure a continuous “assessment-ready” compliance state of the networks, systems, and services in our portfolio.
Specific job duties include:
• Inspires excellence in their team and others; ensures engagement, growth and development of current and future staff members in all areas (technical and beyond) through applied use of coaching, mentorship, opportunities to lead scoped/defined projects, and technical training/other engagements.
• Responsible for continuous “assessment-ready” state of IT Infrastructure & Operations of assigned/designated work locations and networks including leading and promoting a Compliance & Administration Community of Practice.
• Leads in the collection, analysis, and directs corrective actions based on monitoring, incidents, performance/reliability, and compliance-based measurements of operating systems, software, network firewalls, switches, routers, VoIP Phones and other associated network hardware and software.
• Leads efforts to resulting in coordination and successful execution of activities through all corporate interfaces (Security, ITO Directorates) and lifecycles (e.g. new or updated software, maintenance, changes in policies or procedures, integration of existing hardware/software) affecting classified networks (or services deployed in classified spaces).
• Maintaining awareness of current and forthcoming Security, Regulatory, and Corporate policies/compliance requirements to effectively interpret, prioritize, and lead change management in support of those operationalizing those controls, and supporting repositories (e.g. emass, xacta)
• Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
• Diverse technical experience e.g. formerly System or Network Administrator/Engineer; encompassing everything from cabling and building infrastructure (MEP, power distribution) to Network hardware and services (802.1x, Routing/Switching, VLANS, etc), hardware/software, Linux, Windows Server/Workstation Operating systems, and virtualization technologies in Classified environments.
• Experience implementing and maintaining systems governed under Risk Management Framework (RMF) and/or NIST 800-53 (e.g. eWAN, DoD, or other Fed/Civ/USG networks) in various on-prem and Cloud-based deployments.
• Enthusiasm for data; tracking, organizing and interpreting process and operational metrics and developing key risk & performance indicators, particularly to satisfy compliance assessments/performance (i.e. RMF Step 6) and improve execution & human performance.
• Exceptional communication skills including written and verbal in-person communication, ability to successfully develop and deliver ideas, data, and concepts to groups of teammates, stakeholders and/or leadership, and willingness to collaborate constructively (e.g. quarterly operations briefings, tactical solution development or strategic workshops).
• Experience building, leading and developing excellence in team/s of highly skilled technical professionals, distributed across the country with various efforts/priorities.
• Ability to effectively manage ITIL-based service management for Operations (Change/Problem Management, Request-driven workflows, Configuration Management) as well as complimentary management functions (e.g. Vulnerability Management, Software/Hardware Discovery).
*Demonstrated history of optimizing organizations/processes preferred.