SYSTEMS ENGINEER - Army Futures Command
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Austin, TX
Seeking a Systems Engineer in Austin, TX to support Army Futures Command (AFC).
Note: This role currently offers temporary work from home/ remote as part of a virtual team due to COVID-19. However, you Will be expected to eventually relocate to Austin, TX.
Seeking Systems Engineer with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities in the modernization of the US Army. Provide and Support enterprise architecting, analysis, and systems engineering solutions that will determine the future integrated systems in the US Army.
- Working across multiple Offices and Organizations to identify and define needs
- Identifying and defining future capability and interoperability needs
- Identifying key architecture and system level trades
- Developing strategies in support of Department of Defense (DoD) architectures
- Assessing the performance of current and future architecture concepts
- Providing technical and programmatic guidance to the architecture and system level requirements process
- Develop architecture models to capture the holistic view of the enterprise
- Preparing briefings for senior decision makers
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline and 9 years of experience; OR Masters and 7 years of experience ; OR PhD or JD and 4 years or more experience.
- Active DOD Secret clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Strong technical fundamentals in existing Army program (e.g. ground vehicles, air, missile defense, soldier systems)
- Understanding of how to use architecting to support senior level enterprise decision making
- Working knowledge/familiarity with architecture tools
- Architecture domain understanding from a holistic enterprise perspective
- Ability to recommend tradeoffs, impacts, and advancement
- Experience in development and use of modeling for architecture solutions
- Understanding of core systems engineering and analysis disciplines and processes
- Experience with lifecycle readiness from System Requirements Review through system decommissioning
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Customer focused and capable of representing the customer in community forums
Monday, July 27, 2020