Senior Consultant - Symantec DLP
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Denver, CO
The Senior Security Consultant, is responsible for post-sales product and service implementation. Technology Solutions Consultants are responsible for completing assigned projects in a manner consistent with the team’s Consulting Standard, which emphasizes the importance of providing exceptional customer service. They are also responsible for meeting consulting billing objectives.
- Install, test, evaluate customer ordered equipment and software.
- Train customers on how to use the client’s installed technology.
- Ensure customer communication and satisfaction when project is complete to be sure project has met all proposal objectives and is completed on-time.
- Act as representative to identify opportunities as they relate to the client’s practice areas.
- Refer potential add-on sales opportunities to either account managers or solutions engineers.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional associations such as ISSA.
- Obtain and maintain top tier vendor certification.
- Complete administrative project tasks like time and expense entry, status reporting, and project completion reporting.
- Moderate to advanced experience engineering, deploying and supporting Symantec DLP, McAfee DLP, Proofpoint and cloud DLP solutions.
- Moderate experience Collaborating in the policy/rules development lifecycle including development, response rules, authoring, maintenance, and refinement
- Moderate documentation and analytical skills; documenting processes, policies and standards
- Moderate ability to provide end to end support to enterprise counterparts, identifying root cause of complex enterprise initiatives
- Moderate trouble shooting skills across complex enterprise applications, server and endpoint environments
- Moderate ability to onboard, learn and adapt to new technologies
- Basic experience developing reports for software and version compliance
- Basic knowledge of malware operation and indicators or threat Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to transform technical knowledge into business language (e.g. reports, presentations, etc.)
- Moderate ability to mentor and train others
- Moderate knowledge of current threat landscape (threat actors, APT, cyber-crime, etc)
- Moderate knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems (workstation and server)
- Basic skills in defining and creating operational/procedure documents
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in an information security technical role
- Experience managing complex hardware and software deployments
- Strong background working in large enterprise IT environments using ITIL
- Strong background working with Windows server, Sharepoint, and desktop operating systems and related technologies and concepts
- Strong understanding of general security and networking concepts and experience applying same in corporate network environments
- Self-learner with a passion for IT security who is adaptable to changing requirements
- Ability to work successfully with others in large and small teams.
- Ability to motivate and inspire others to perform at a high level, taking appropriate risks, and accepting personal accountability for actions and decisions.
- Assertiveness - Ability to troubleshoot incidents until root cause resolutions.
- Moderate experience with scripting (PowerShell, PERL, etc)
- Moderate experience reading and writing documentation for Infrastructure Security implementations
- Basic experience with ITIL processes such as Incident/Problem/Configuration/Change management.
- Basic log parsing and analysis skill set
- Basic knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, network layers, Ethernet, ARP, etc)
- Basic knowledge of Firewall and Proxy technologies
- Basic experience with software lifecycle across a large enterprise; deployment, upgrades, patching
- Basic understanding of SANS Critical Security Controls (CSC)
- Basic to Moderate knowledge of penetration techniques
- Basic knowledge of Information Technology forensic techniques
- Basic knowledge of audit requirements (PCI, HIPPA, SOX, etc.)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSA, MCSD, MCSE)
Monday, January 14, 2019