Nurse 3 (part-time)
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Renton, WA
U.S. Citizenship Required*
This job is for part time coverage in our client's International Health Services while the entire service transitions to Mesa, AZ.
- Provide nursing assessment, triage, treatment, and education for employee health concerns.
- Interview patient to identify reason for visit and obtain appropriate health history.
- Determine degree of urgency of presenting problem.
- Complete physical examination appropriate to problem and within scope of nursing practice and OHE Providers guide.
- Provide treatment under the medical directive of physician (e.g., dispense medication, administer immunizations and orthopedic appliances, start intravenous lines, provide wound care).
- Provide discharge instructions to patients.
- Issue medical recommendations/restrictions under the medical direction of physician.
- Provides medical testing such as EKGs, pulmonary function, phlebotomy, blood glucose, blood pressure, cholesterol, and vision and hearing screening for purposes of OHE, Wellness Program and performs limited interpretation of tests.
- Collect specimens for alcohol and drug testing.
- Record medical documentation in accordance with company, state, and federal record-keeping requirements (e.g., injury and illness reporting, leave of absence, return to work, workers' compensation).
- Provide or recommend immunizations for travelers, and educate or consult on travel related health issues.
- Assist in coordination of return-to-work and disability management activities.
- Assess employees for fitness for duty and return-to-work capability.
- Interface with employees, community health care providers, the HR organization, the Safety, Health, and Environmental Affairs organization, ergonomics specialists, worker compensation specialists, rehabilitation counselors, etc., to determine how to maximize the safety and well-being of employees.
- Provide disability case management, including facilitation of job accommodation for occupational cases.
- Refer patients to medical resource, identify specialist, and determine urgency and patient’s mode of transportation.
- Assist patients in scheduling appointments.
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's and typically 6 or more years’ related work experience, a Master’s degree and typically 4 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Thursday, February 8, 2018