IP Licensing Specialist 3
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Tukwila, WA
U.S. Citizenship Required*
Our client's Intellectual Property Licensing team has a unique and important opportunity for a Licensing Specialist to join their Data Investigations team. This team is responsible for identifying trends that may indicate misuse of company Intellectual Property. This role will require an in-depth understanding of aftermarket aircraft modification from an engineering and data perspective.
- Investigate access to and use of company data by external customers (mainly engineering drawings) to identify potential data misuse, escapes, and opportunities.
- Analyze data access patterns and propose scenarios for aftermarket work being performed with use of that data.
- Prepare summaries of findings and present to leadership and stakeholder business units.
- Coordinate with enforcement, audit, licensing, legal, business units, licensees, and customers to highlight potential data misuse, resolve issues, provide market intelligence, and plan settlement and enforcement activities.
- Analyze markets, trends and future requirements of competitors across multiple industry sectors, government and regulatory agencies.
- Provide consultation on the business negotiation strategy and provides consultation and guidance in preparing license agreements to successfully allow the use of intellectual property.
- Maintain relationships with all stakeholders and resolves matters related to performance of Licensees.
- Integrate business objectives, strategies and plans of licensing programs with cross-functional teams, business units and programs.
- Provide guidance and visibility to team on formulating licensing arrangements.
- Experience reading and interpreting aerospace engineering drawings and blueprints
- Experience working with REDARS
- Understands drawings used for different types of modification, MRO and conversion work, and able to determine probable aftermarket activity based on drawing access data.
- Data analytical skills (e.g. statistical analysis, quantitative analysis, data interpretation, predictive analysis, data warehousing and data reporting).
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with the proven ability to communicate complex technical topics to both Executive and Non-Executive audiences
- Technical aerospace background with experience in MRO, aftermarket modifications, and conversions to freighters.
- Engineering experience within aftermarket and/or a MRO environment.
- Experience with data visualization software (Tableau or Microsoft Power BI).
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education and Experience:
- Technical bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Tuesday, May 8, 2018