Crafton Hills College
- Yucaipa, CA
(Scroll down to apply)
Crafton Hills College is the younger and smaller of the two colleges in the San Bernardino Community College District which is governed by a locally elected seven -member Board of Trustees. The Crafton Hills College President is the Chief Executive Officer of the college and reports directly to the SBCCD Chancellor. The President is responsible for all college operations and works collegially with campus constituencies to ensure excellence in educational programs and student support services. The President also works with the Chancellor, Vice Chancellors, and the San Bernardino Valley College President to meet District-wide goals and objectives.
The college is known for its excellence and completion in the liberal arts and sciences and in career and technical studies. Faculty, staff, and administrators are experienced, committed and eager to address the challenges the college faces in a new economic environment. They seek a leader who is visible, inspirational, knowledgeable and a collaborative problem-solver.
Crafton Hills College is located in the north eastern portion of the greater Los Angeles Basin. It is nestled in beautiful rolling foothills in a suburban/agricultural area. Its major communities, including Yucaipa and Redlands and more, offer numerous cultural and fine arts opportunities. It is a popular area for the outdoor enthusiast and is known for its bicycling and hiking trails. Within an hour’s drive, one can be in the mountains, the desert or at the ocean. Communities and neighborhoods are welcoming, inclusive and safe and housing prices are moderate compared to the rest of southern California.
This position is an opportunity to work and live in an exceptional place!
Opportunities and Challenges
In addition to the multiple roles and responsibilities of all presidents in similar environments, the new President of Crafton Hills College must be able to:
- Foster exemplary innovation in instruction and student support services that leads to student success and completion rates that close the equity achievement gap.
- Identify and implement enrollment strategies that result in enrollment growth and serve a wide variety of constituents in all the communities served by the college.
- Ensure fiscal stability and equity through expert management and the acquisition of new revenue through a variety of strategies to address unmet college needs.
- Recruit, retain and develop talented and diverse staff, faculty and administrators that provide continuity and excellent leadership.
- Create a campus climate characterized by trust, respect, inclusiveness and innovation.
- Lead the college in the development and implementation of new programs that address the unique workforce development needs of the community.
- Build strong partnerships with community businesses, organizations and educational institutions.
- Advocate for the college at the local, state and national levels.
- Work collaboratively with leaders at San Bernardino Valley College and San Bernardino Community College District to ensure strong, positive and productive relationships that benefit students.
The successful new President will:
- Be passionately committed to the mission of the comprehensive community college.
- Champion innovative teaching and learning with a focus on student success, student equity and completion.
- Be a visionary, progressive, and transformational leader.
- Promote a campus that is inclusive and values diversity.
- Relate well and interact regularly with students and student leaders.
- Practice genuine collaboration and collegiality by involving stakeholders in decisions affecting them.
- Recognize the value of each staff member's contribution to the college mission.
- Possess superb knowledge and skills related to fiscal management and the ability to acquire new resources.
- Actively support the expansion and utilization of technology throughout the college.
- Build partnerships with leaders in business and industry, P-16 education, and community-based organizations.
- Advocate successfully for the college at the local and state level.
- Be highly visible, approachable and accessible on campus and in the community.
- Model and encourage a high level of energy, enthusiasm, creativity and innovation.
- Have excellent listening, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Communicate regularly and often with all campus constituencies.
- Operate ethically and with a high level of integrity and expect the same of others.
- Be an effective member of the SBCCD Chancellor's Cabinet.
A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Successful senior-level administrative leadership experience.
Three years of management and supervisory experience.
Demonstrated cultural competency, sensitivity to, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
An earned doctorate degree from an accredited college or university.
Strong academic experience in either teaching, counseling and/or other faculty experience.
Thursday, October 11, 2018