Content Creator / Writer
Adaptive Construction Solutions
- Houston, TX
Adaptive Construction Solutions, Inc. (ACS) is a community-based workforce development organization focused on transforming lives through meaningful employment.
The Content Creator / Writer will create and revise documents such as Requests for Proposals (“RFPs”), policies and procedures, case studies, manuals, reports, brochures, and articles related to workforce development.
- Writes and edits grant applications, performance reports, government RFPs and other solicitations
- Develops and edits white papers, case studies and technical assistance guides
- Creates press releases, website content and other marketing materials to include written content for company and partner organization social media
- Develops company policy and procedure guides and manuals
- Writes and edits award nominations for employer and employer partners
- Writes and edits other products including success stories
- Writes and edits technical documents including reference manuals and product manuals.
- Writes and edits procedural documentation such as user guides and manuals
- Determines the type of publication that will best serve the project requirements.
- Meets with program managers and teams to learn about specific services or processes
- Assesses the audience needs for whom the documentation is intended and adjusts tone and technical terms used to ensure understanding
- Plans writing processes and sets timelines and deadlines
- Creates or works with graphic designers to create diagrams, charts, and other visual aids to assist readers in understanding a product or process
- Gathers feedback from executives and team to improve documents
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Location: Jersey Village, Houston, TX
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Additionally, this position may occasionally require long hours and frequent weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent writing and grammatical skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to present complex data in clear, concise text
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work independently
- Ability to edit and proofread work of colleagues
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Technical Writing, or related field required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Five years of related experience required
ACS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Monday, April 26, 2021