A job that offers a career / no experience required
Commercial and Industrial Roofers work day-to-day on assigned roofing tasks. Under the supervision of foremen and superintendents, our roofers will perform assigned tasks for specific roofing installation. They will follow proper construction practices and company policies. Employees must be able to perform all assigned tasks given by foremen and superintendent. All employees must always ensure safety policies are being followed and proper PPE is being used at worksites.
Adaptive Construction Solutions, Inc. (ACS) is a veteran owned and operated company that operates a community based DOL Registered Apprenticeship program. After starting a job as an apprentice, the program provides employer sponsored training that provides industry recognized credentials needed for a future in construction. ACS operates one of the largest and fastest growing Registered Apprenticeships in the nation.
Apprenticeship programs provide apprentices the opportunity to progress from an entry-level position to journey-level status through a combination of related technical instruction and on-the-job training while being employed from the commencement. In addition to earning competitive wages, while learning a skilled trade, veterans may apply to receive a tax-free monthly housing allowance from their GI Bill benefits.
As one may expect, construction is performed in physically demanding and dangerous conditions. These include, but are not limited to; extreme heights, confined spaces, cold winters and hot summers.As a result, roofers must be willing to work in austere (strict) safety conditions.
Why Should You Apply?
Starting at $14 with incremental wage increases to $19+ per hour
• Install new and existing roof systems (PVC, TPO, EPDM, BUR, Modified, Single-Ply, etc.)
• Have general knowledge of basic hand and power tools
• Performs work in accordance with job specifications and safety
• Assist the crew foreperson on a daily basis
• Assist in training & mentoring new laborers and helpers as needed
• Understand and read blueprints as needed
• Interprets specifications to determine work aids required and sequence of installations for specific roofing installations tasks.
• Inspects structure to detect obstructions to be avoided or moved.
• Performs roof tear-off and inspects underlying deck structure to determine roof deck integrity.
• Prepares deck for installation of specified roofing system and then performs installation.
• Review, calculate and discuss materials needed for proper completion of project.
• Works with foreman to ensure vendors or subcontractors are handling project items, punch lists and schedule so they do not have a negative impact on the project
• Always ensuring safety policies are being followed and proper PPE is being used at worksites
While no roofing experience is needed candidates are required to have the following;
• Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions, including extreme temperatures
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs., lift, climb and stand for extended periods of time
• Must be able to wear required PPE
• Attend required safety meetings and trainings
• General knowledge of basic hand and power tools is required
• Ability to understand, follow instructions, and ask questions
• Quality conscious
• Works well independently as well as within a team environment
• Strong work ethic