Location: Portland, Connecticut
Marine Electrician Apprentices perform a wide range of duties such as:
• Remove, install, and repair electrical equipment and fixtures.
• Remove, install diverse types of cable tray systems.
• Troubleshoot motor and control systems.
• Perform routine maintenance on electrical wiring and systems.
• Build designed custom control panels.
• Ability to use hand and power tools.
• Ability to work in limited spaces
• Own set of tools required for the job.
• Understanding how to use a multi-meter.
• Understanding of proper safety and abide to all quality rules instructed.
• Qualifications favored but not required:
• Previous experience in marine electrical installation
• Familiarity with electrical schematics and manuals.
• Familiarity with electrical equipment.
- Ability to work in and promote a drug free environment
- Be based in the Bellingham, WA area
- Able to carry 60lbs of equipment and lift 100lbs
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Be reliable and practice good attendance
- Possess and maintain a good driving record
- Willingness to submit to a physical and background check
As one may expect, construction is performed in physically demanding conditions requiring heightened situational awareness. These conditions include but are not limited to extreme heights, confined spaces, cold winters, and hot summers. As a result, workers must be willing to work in austere (strict) safety conditions.