Military Veteran - Plumber
A customer-oriented construction staffing and payroll firm has plumber positions in multiple areas across Texas. They are looking for dependable, safety-aware, and capable temp-to-hire plumbers.
Locations: College Station, Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, Rio Grande Valley
Compensation: $14 - $24 per hour depending on certification and experience
• Assist in installing and maintaining plumbing systems.
• Read blueprints and drawings to determine exact specifications and where plumbing system will be installed.
• Determine water supply networks and waste drainage systems.
• Coordinate with project manager on installation.
• Install systems used to transport water, waste, gases, or liquids.
• Ensure legislation and policies are met and that systems are up to code.
• Ensure systems meet all standards of building codes and safety.
• Cut openings in structures in preparation for pipes.
• Select all materials needed for installation, including type and size of pipe.
• Install supports and hangers for pipe, fixtures and equipment.
• Assemble and install valves and fittings.
• Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
• Install other plumbing equipment, such as sinks, tubs, toilets, water heaters, air conditioners, appliances, and trim.
• Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle
• Observe pressure gauges to fix leaks.
• Test pipe systems and fix leaks.
• Repair and maintain water treatment equipment.
• Perform scheduled maintenance.
• Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance are properly sized, aligned, supported and grade.
As one may expect, construction is performed in physically demanding and dangerous conditions. These include but are not limited to extreme heights, confined spaces, cold winters and hot summers. As a result, plumbers must be willing to work in austere (strict) safety conditions.
Candidate Requirements (no experience required)
Preference is provided to applicants who have served in the Armed Forces
If you are interested and meet the requirements, please complete application.