Military Veteran - Painter
A customer-oriented construction staffing and payroll firm has painter opportunities in multiple areas across Texas. They are looking for dependable, safety-aware, and capable temp-to-hire painters.
Locations: College Station, San Antonio, Dallas, Austin, Houston, Rio Grande Valley
Compensation: $15 - $20 per hour depending on experience and expertise
• 1) Applies coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of buildings and other structures: Reads work order or receives instructions from supervisor or homeowner regarding painting.
• 2) Smooths surfaces, using sandpaper, brushes, or steel wool, and removes old paint from surfaces, using paint remover, scraper, wire brush, or blowtorch to prepare surfaces for painting.
• 3) Fills nail holes, cracks, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other filler, using caulking gun and putty knife.
• 4) Selects premixed paints, or mixes required portions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying substances to prepare paint that matches specified colors.
• 5) Removes fixtures, such as pictures and electric switch covers, from walls prior to painting, using screwdriver.
• 6) Spreads drop cloths over floors and room furnishings, and covers surfaces, such as baseboards, door frames, and windows with masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
• 7) Paints surfaces, using brushes, spray gun, or paint rollers.
• 8) Simulates wood grain, marble, brick, or tile effects.
• 9) Applies paint with cloth, brush, sponge, or fingers to create special effects.
• 10) Erects scaffolding or sets up ladders to perform tasks above ground level.
• 11) May be designated according to type of work performed as Painter, Interior Finish; Painter, Maintenance; or according to type of material used as calciminer; varnisher.
• 12) May also hang wallpaper and fabrics.
• 13) May wash surfaces prior to painting with mildew remover, using brush.
As one may expect, construction is performed in physically demanding and dangerous conditions. These include but are not limited to extreme heights, confined spaces, cold winters and hot summers. As a result, painters must be willing to work in austere (strict) safety conditions.
Candidate Requirements (no experience required)
Preference is provided to applicants who have served in the Armed Forces
If you are interested and meet the requirements, please complete application.