Military Veteran - Telecommunication Technician Apprentice
Adaptive Construction Solutions (ACS) is looking for veterans interested in starting a career as a Telecommunication Technician Apprentice in Houston, TX. Telecommunication Technicians are responsible for ensuring fiber optic cabling is installed and functioning properly for commercial clients.
While earning wages and learning a skilled trade, veterans may utilize their GI Bill benefits to receive a tax-free monthly housing allowance. The combination of wages and GI Bill benefits helps veterans earn journey-level wages while progressing in an apprenticeship program.
Adaptive Construction Solutions
ACS is a veteran owned and operated organization committed to enhancing lives through in demand careers. ACS is a sponsor of Department of Labor Registered Apprenticeship programs for multiple occupations.
Locations: Houston, TX (with travel inside Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land MSA)
Why Should You Apply?
• Gain meaningful employment
• Paid on-the-job training
• Receive tuition-free education
• Earn incremental pay increases
• Obtain industry-recognized credentials
What is Apprenticeship?
The apprenticeship model is leading the way in preparing American workers to compete in today’s economy. Apprenticeship allows an individual to earn while they learn. It includes:
1. Paid Job: Earn a competitive wage from day one with incremental pay increases as relevant skills are obtained.
2. Education: Gain knowledge through structured learning and on-the-job training while mentored by industry professionals.
3. Career: Secure your future by earning industry-recognized nationally-portable certificates and credentials.
Starting at $14.00 per hour during orientation and training with incremental wage increases as competencies are achieved. Apprentices will work full-time and may have overtime opportunities. Veterans are eligible to apply for a monthly housing allowance as part of their GI Bill Benefits.
Role of a Telecommunication Technician Apprentice
As a Telecommunication Technician Apprentice, you will be expected to perform duties such as:
• Install, terminate, and label Cat 5e, Cat 6, Rg6 coax and fiber optic cables
• Set up telecommunications closets
• Performs system testing and troubleshooting as required
• Prepare, maintain, and clean work site
• Work safely with positive work habits
As one may expect, construction is performed in physically demanding conditions requiring heightened situational awareness. These conditions include but are not limited to extreme heights, confined spaces, cold winters and hot summers. As a result, workers must be willing to work in austere (strict) safety conditions.
Candidate Requirements (no experience required)
• Ability to work in and to promote a drug free environment
• Be based in Houston, TX
• Able to carry 60lbs of equipment and lift 100lbs
• Willingness to work at heights and in confined spaces
• Have a valid driver’s license and full access to reliable transportation
• Be reliable and practice good attendance
• Possess and maintain a good driving record
• Willingness to submit to drug screening, physical and background check
Preference is provided to applicants who have served in the Armed Forces.
Next Steps: If you are interested and meet the requirements, please complete application.