JOB DESCRIPTION: Internal Business Advisor
The Internal Business Advisor is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with prospective clients to drive economic growth and workforce opportunities across the Gulf Coast region while working in a competitive and dynamic environment.
REPORTS TO: Director of Workforce Development
DEPARTMENT Employer Services
TYPE OF POSITION Full-Time/ Salaried
FLSA CLASSIFICATION Exempt
· Participate in a cross-functional team dedicated to providing human resource consulting services to employers in an assigned area
· Maintain an understanding of employment and business- related activities in assigned region
· Implement data-driven strategies to engage new and existing customers
· Maintain and build effective relationships with new and existing customers and partners by providing services, maintaining contact
· Effectively identify employers’ needs while offering feedback by utilizing systems, presenting real-time labor market information and connections to partnering organizations, services, resources
· Develop and maintain relationships with community colleges, technical schools, and 4-yr public universities to bring new talent into the system, present workforce training opportunities to employers, and bridge the gap between the educational and business sectors
· Understand customers’ human capital needs and provides recommendations on services and products
· Provide information to customers regarding services and products and/or an orientation on available systems and other services including Work Experience, On-the-Job Training and Apprenticeships
· Identify opportunities for training and coordinate the effective delivery of training
· Coordinate with appropriate third parties to ensure effective services are delivered to employers
· Maintain detailed records of outgoing and incoming calls as well as follow-up information and outcomes.
· Intercept and respond to customer complaints or concerns with products/ services offered and seek to resolve problem while adhering to company and workforce board policy.
· Persuasively engage the customer in conversation to explain how the offered products/ services will add value to their company success.
· Ask relevant and leading questions to better understand the customer’s needs and recommend the best product/ service for their staffing purposes.
· Respond to issues assigned by leadership and ensure customer satisfaction
· Performs related responsibilities as required
Starting salary $50,000