Military Veteran - Construction Apprentice
Adaptive Construction Solutions
- Dallas, TX
Are you ready to EARN WHILE YOU LEARN?
Adaptive Construction Solutions (ACS) is looking for individuals interested in starting a career installing fireproofing materials for landmark projects like stadiums, airports, hospitals and high rises. The ACS Apprenticeship provides paid on-the-job training in addition to the industry training needed to pave a way to a career in construction.
Adaptive Construction Solutions
ACS is a sponsor of Department of Labor Registered Apprenticeship program for occupations in multiple industries. ACS is committed to enhancing lives through meaningful employment.
Location: Greater Houston Area,
Why Should You Apply?
- Gain meaningful employment
- Paid on-the-job training
- Receive tuition free education
- Earn incremental pay increases
- Obtain industry-recognized credentials.
What is Apprenticeship?
The apprenticeship model is leading the way in preparing American workers to compete in today’s economy. Apprenticeship allows an individual to earn while they learn. It includes:
- Paid Job:Earn a competitive wage from day one with incremental pay increases as relevant skills are obtained.
- Education:Gain knowledge through structured learning and on-the-job training while mentored by industry professionals.
- Career:Secure your future by earning industry-recognized nationally-portable certificates and credentials.
Starting at $13 per hour during orientation and training with incremental wage increases as competencies are achieved. Veterans are eligible to apply for a monthly housing allowance as part of their GI Bill Benefits.
- After completing initial training and orientation, apprentices will perform the following responsibilities:
- Assist in receiving and unloading trucks.
- Ability to read and understand spray charts and material thicknesses.
- Must be able to operate a Forklift, Boom lift and scissor lift.
- Must be able to use a mechanical sprayer to apply SRFM and be able to diagnose any small issues as well as breakdown and clean equipment daily.
- Track daily production rates.
- Communicate with immediate supervisor on scheduling and material orders.
- Communicate with general contractor and other trades.
- Follow direction with minimal supervision
- Wear the proper safety equipment.
- Available to work out of town
- Work off scissor lifts, boom lifts, and scaffolding
As one may expect, construction is performed in physically demanding and conditions requiring heightened situational awareness. These include but are not limited to extreme heights, confined spaces, cold winters and hot summers. As a result, workers must be willing to work in austere (strict) safety conditions.
Candidate Requirements (no experience required)
- Ability to work in and promote a drug free environment
- Able to carry 50/60lbs of equipment and lift 100lb
- Willingness to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Have a valid government issued identification card or driver’s license
- Be reliable and practice good attendance
- Willingness to submit to drug screening, physical and background check
- Preference is provided to applicants who have served in the Armed Forces
Next Steps: If you are interested and meet the requirements, please complete application.
Thursday, July 11, 2019