Volunteer Coordinator - 24-32 hours per week
Adoray Home Health and Hospice
- Baldwin, WI
Adoray Home Health and Hospice is currently recruiting for a Volunteer Coordinator to join our team. The ideal candidate has experience with volunteers and works 24-32 hours per week.
- Directly coordinates all volunteers at Adoray and all Treasures from the Heart stores.
- Works closely with other staff as indicated to ensure that there is an adequate pool of volunteers recruited to meet the volunteer needs of the Treasures’ stores as well as Adoray Hospice.
- Recruits, interviews, and provides orientation for volunteers for both Adoray and Treasures from the Heart stores.
- Manages volunteer coordination, scheduling, and tracking software.
- Organizes and coordinates regular formal volunteer recognition activities on a regular basis, such as an annual volunteer recognition dinner.
- Ensures there are positive communications occurring on an ongoing basis between staff and volunteers.
- Develops or ensures development of policies and procedures as needed related to volunteer recruitment and retention, including but not limited to the screening and interviewing of new volunteers; general orientation; mandatory yearly education as required per policy; recognition activities; customer service training; communications and disciplining or releasing volunteers if needed.
- Ensures personnel files are kept up-to-date on all volunteers on an ongoing basis.
- Develops, expands or maintains programs that utilize volunteers within the Adoray/Treasures organization. Ensures there is volunteer utilization in the following areas (this is not a complete list):
- Office support, in such areas as mailings, medical supplies, birthday cards, packet assembly, cleaning of equipment, thank-you writing, data entry, scanning, faxing, shredding, handyman work.
- Event/fundraising support, in such areas as baking or providing food, being present at events for duties as assigned, assisting with event planning.
- Education, in such areas as volunteer mentoring, volunteer recruitment, speaking, honoring choices facilitator.
- Indirect hospice/home health/palliative patient care, in such areas as doing laundry, preparing caregiver baskets, delivering funeral or birthday flowers, sewing (quilts, bears, weighted blankets, special request items), minor home repairs, yard work, cleaning, snow shoveling, equipment (i.e., commodes) delivery or pick-up, errands, family meal assistance.
- Direct hospice/home health/palliative patient care in such areas as housekeeping, respite, entertaining patients (i.e., playing cards, letter-writing, visiting, etc.), We Honor Veterans activities, 11th Hour sitting, bereavement assistance, pet peace of mind, pet therapy music, massage/body works, gardening, patient meal assistance.
- Expands the hospice volunteer base in areas where there are inadequate numbers of volunteers.
- Treasures from the Heart second-hand stores.
- Writes content for monthly volunteer newsletter
- Coordinates new volunteer training classes and annual training for existing hospice volunteers in the areas of infection control, compliance, HIPAA and professional boundaries
- Advocates for all Adoray programs and activities within the communities Adoray serves as opportunities arise.
Adoray expects employees to understand and to incorporate the values of our organization in their day-to-day practice. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates Degree in marketing, communications, social sciences, human resources, community development, education or equivalent required.
- Two year of supervisory experience required.
- Extensive experience working with a diverse group of volunteers, required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to analyze, identify, and solve problems while using sound judgment
- Maintain the integrity of highly confidential information
- Display and promote high standards of ethical conduct and behaviors consistent with organizational standards
- Exhibit excellent communication and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and handle multiple tasks/projects concurrently
- Ability to consistently carry out job responsibilities, able to acknowledge when commitments are not met, and take appropriate steps to fulfill responsibility
- Ability to clearly and effectively convey information to individuals or groups, including ability to choose the appropriate method or methods of communication
Wednesday, January 29, 2020