Acme Machine Operator
AIMS Advantage INC
- Grand Rapids, MI
Aims Advantage is hiring multiple Acme multi spindle screw machinists at a local Grand Rapids company. This position involves setting up and operating single and multi-spindle screw machines. You will be inspecting parts and using a variety of measuring techniques to support the conformance requirements. This is a full-time temp-to-hire position with openings on 1st and 2nd shift.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains cleanliness of work area utilizing 5S techniques and methods.
- Reads blueprint and job order for such information as dimensions, tolerances, and number of workpieces to be machined.
- Verifies conformance of sample workpieces to specifications, using preset gauges, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Replaces worn tools.
- Adjusts machine controls and changes tool settings to keep dimensions within specified tolerances.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or GED (preferred)
- At least 1 year of factory experience, auto mechanic experience, or machine repair experience.
- Experience with measurements tools: calipers, micrometers, etc.
If you have experience in factory work, machining, auto mechanic repairs, or are mechanically inclined, please submit your resume for consideration!
$18+ per hour