A well-known company in Grand Rapids is seeking to hire an experienced Set Up Technician for their growing business. This position is 1st shift (7am-4:30pm) with moderate weekly overtime.
1. Setting up resistance welders, brake presses, saws and drills.
2. Setup machines and perform hourly production quality checks to maintain zero scrap and overrun and ensure products meet required standards.
3. Work with Plant Manager to schedule the production of goods to meet due dates.
4. Training of all personnel to safely and effectively run the machinery and meet production rates.
5. Follow company Lockout/tagout procedures when performing maintenance and setup and ensuring other employees follow the same safety policies.
6. Maintain a safe no lost time work place.
7. Ensure all production records are on time and accurate.
8. Maintain an organized work environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Working knowledge of Continuous Flow and Lean Manufacturing principles.
2. General machine set up background or maintenance background preferred
3. Excellent Mechanical Skills
4. Read Blue Prints
5. Ability to use computer to retrieve or transform data.
6. Minimum 3 years experience in a related field.
Depending on experience $19 – 22 per hour, but will consider more for the right candidate
Moderate overtime involved
If you would like to hear more about the position, please call Joe at (616)261-6161 or submit your resume for consideration.