Plastic Injection Molding Operator - All Shifts
AIMS Advantage INC
- Grand Rapids, MI
1st shift: 5:45am-2:00pm. 2nd shift:1:45pm-10:00pm. 3rd shift:9:45pm-6:00am
Summary: Responsible for maintaining automatic machines, moving finished goods to the staging area, and providing assistance as required.
Responsibilities for Machine Operator
- Set up machinery for operation
- Start machinery and make adjustments to machinery when necessary to improve performance
- Operate machinery and equipment according to instructions
- Troubleshoot issues and perform maintenance
- Perform quality control, follow reporting and recordkeeping procedures, and report problems to supervisor
- Comply with all safety and health regulations
- Clean machinery and maintain cleanliness in work area
Qualifications for Machine Operator
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Previous machine operating experience in a manufacturing facility, or similar relevant experience preferred
- Must be detail-oriented
- Understanding of production and plant processes
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to lift heavy equipment, to bend, and to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Willingness to work in shifts (late or early hours, weekends, and overtime if necessary)
Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and other employees of the organization.
Math Ability: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money, and American/Metric weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully , an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
$14.00 - $14.50