Automotive Racker - All shifts
AIMS Advantage INC (AIMS Advantage)
- Grand Rapids, MI
1st shift: 6:00am-2:00pm
2nd shift: 2:00pm-10:00pm
3rd shift: 10:00pm-6:00am
Some of our racking positions may require lifting up to 65lbs consistently throughout the shift. Not all, but some do.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Receive material and prepare it to be galvanized by hanging it on metal hooks and placing on the overhead crane either manually or by use of equipment.
- Inspect all lifting equipment prior to use (forklifts, cranes, monorails, chains, slings, etc.)
- Inspect all material before galvanizing to ensure material meets all safety guidelines.
- Examine incoming product for damage or shortages and reports issues to lead.
- Ensure all galvanized products meet quality requirements, minimize downtime, and promote efficiency and up-time
- Read work orders/receive oral instructions for work assignments/material or equipment needs
- Attach slings, hooks, or other devices to materials to prepare for the galvanizing process.
- Runs, maneuvers, navigates or drives heavy equipment or mechanized equipment in the racking area, such as forklifts, cranes/overhead cranes, trucks, etc.
- Must use good judgment, follow instructions and have good problem-solving abilities.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the job.
- Count, weigh or measure incoming or outgoing items & compare against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
- Move materials to and from storage or production areas by hand or using forklifts
- Attach identifying tags to the product or mark identifying information.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine assignments, material & equipment needs.
- Record number of units handled or moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets
- Adhere to established housekeeping standards.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor/management.