Aims Advantage is hiring multiple CNC Operators at a local Grand Rapids company. In this position you will perform a variety of duties in the operation of manual and computer numerical control type of machine tools such as Tsugami, Citizen, SwisTek, Ganesh, etc.. This is a full-time temp-to-hire position with openings on 1stand 2nd shift.
· Work from drawings and/or written or oral instructions.
· Read and interpret complicated drawings to determine correct specifications.
· Preset tools using tool measuring machine.
· Monitor operations and take corrective action as required.
· Effectively use Drop, Height and Thread Gauges, Micrometers and Vernier Calipers.
· Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual circumstances to group leader or supervisor.
· Maintain established quality standards and follow quality procedures
· Prepare and maintain records and reports as needed.
· Ensure that work area and equipment are maintained in a clean, safe, and orderly condition; that prescribed safety measures are followed, and that established company policies and procedures are adhered to.
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a daily basis, assistance required when lifting above 50 lbs.
· Perform other related duties as assignee or required.
· Work overtime as needed or as required with appropriate notice and in accordance with company policy.