Litigation Paralegal - LA
- Los Angeles, CA
Litigation Paralegal - Los Angeles (Century City), CA
We are working with a major law firm that seeks a mid-level litigation paralegal for immediate hire in its Los Angeles office. Ideal candidates will have work experience gained at Am Law 100 firms or specialized litigation boutique law firms working on complex litigation, investigation, and/or arbitration matters. Candidates must have some experience with cite checking and blue book.
- 2-7 years work experience as a litigation paralegal or secretary in an Amlaw 100 firm or suitable specialized litigation or other dispute resolution firm.
- Experience with all stages of litigation,including use of current e-discovery database tools, modern e-filing practices,and trial preparation activities required;experience working at trial or arbitration proceedings preferred.
- Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) with individuals at all levels of the firm in an appropriate and professional manner; strong service orientation, sense of accountability and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks simultaneously;work equally well as part of a team in both a leadership and subordinate role; and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under deadlines and pressure typical of complex modern litigation, investigation, and arbitration matters.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software products including Word, Excel, Outlook,and PowerPoint.
- Proficient with cite-checking and Bluebook rules.
- Available for overtime work and reasonable business travel as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with more senior paralegals and/or attorneys, perform all elements of litigation case management, including document and file management, case calendaring, discovery support,and trial prep and logistics activities.
- On a case-specific basis, coordinate and oversee the tasks of more junior paralegals and other support staff as needed.
- Interact with outside entities (e.g. courts, government agencies, expert witnesses, corporations, vendors and other law firms) to coordinate activities as needed in support of assigned cases.
- Draft, review, and/or analyze routine legal documents as requested by attorneys; conduct legal research under attorney supervision.
- Create and maintain effective working relationships with others to facilitate a positive and productive work environment.
- Continuously refining, developing, and expanding skills in anticipation of changes in the work environment or profession.
- Adhere to Firm policies, practices, and priorities; and perform other duties as requested by Firm management.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Tuesday, November 12, 2019