Legal Secretary (Labor & Employment) - SF
- San Francisco, CA
Legal Secretary (Labor & Employment) - San Francisco, CA
The San Francisco office of an award-winning law firm currently seeks a Legal Secretary for the Labor & Employment Department. Preferred qualified candidates will possess well developed administrative and organizational skills, as well as a high level of initiative, excellent judgment and pride in their work. The Labor & Employment Secretary will provide a wide range of administrative, clerical and document processing services to support the practice of attorneys and paralegals. Candidate should also be flexible to work overtime as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This role provides support that will ensure consistent and timely administration of legal and other specific litigation documentation as requested, and a variety of legal and secretarial duties that include the following:
- Preparation of court filings, research court rules, format and proofread documents for consistency and accuracy, assemble exhibits and appendices.
- Maintain legal files (both paper & electronic), organize and file documents in designated order, as well as prepare type, enter, proofread and process legal and administrative correspondence.
- Process time entry, make travel arrangements, process reimbursement expenses, maintain calendar, collate information, and other administrative duties as needed by the department.
- Communicate with clients, opposing counsel, courts, and liaisons.
- Adhere to legal document standards to ensure proper format and completeness for court acceptance.
- Update case information, scan documents, prepare answers, and conduct research.
- Manage document deliveries and track final executed documentation. Assist in preparing closing transcripts and legal documents to database for litigation transactions.
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Solid understanding of Labor & Employment and Litigation laws.
- Ability to comprehend a variety of legal court documents including complaints, answers, rulings, judgments, affidavits, motions, appeals, subpoenas, court dockets, reports, memos and correspondence.
- Must possess a strong work ethic, have the highest integrity, excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, and the ability to collaborate well.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- At least 8+ year’s legal secretary experience with a law firm, and a strong ability to maintain high standards, while seeking out ways to contribute and anticipate needs. Labor & Employment experience preferred but not required.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Firm is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. It has been, and continues to be their goal, to foster a well-balanced workforce that contains a significant presence of minorities and women.
Wednesday, April 17, 2019