IP & Tech: Partner level associates and of counsel - San Francisco, CA
- San Francisco, CA
Are you stuck in a non-partner role and sick of big law dynamics?
One of our UK firms is seeking Partner level associates and of counsel to drive forward their SF office (their only overseas office). They would also consider mid/senior level associates as they are looking to grow that office.
About the firm:
- They are a UK firm based across the tech hubs of the South East of the UK and have 600 staff with just over 100 partners (all equity). The SF firm is their only overseas office.
- Their SF office is small and acts (i) to provide real time advice/support to US clients with the support of our UK offices, and (ii) as a facilitator/connector for our UK clients who are looking to expand into the US.
- The role would involve generating work that falls under (i) and building on our existing network (both within the Bay Area and further afield) to facilitate (ii)
About the position:
- Would ideally suit someone who’s tired of or not interested in US law firm demands. We have significantly lower chargeable hours targets and much better holiday entitlement, for example. Anyone at Of Counsel level whose route to equity is blocked, or a senior in-house practitioner who doesn’t want to return to US private practice, would be ideal.
- Ideally the candidate would have worked in or have links to the UK. At the least we would be looking for an “Anglophile” who would be willing to make regular trips to the UK to remain connected to their UK colleagues. They would also be well supported by the team of UK partners whose roles expressly involve supporting our US office.
- They don’t do US law and any candidate would be encouraged to add English law as an additional string to their bow (to the extent they didn’t have it already) by taking the QLTS (which, as I understand it, is significantly less onerous than passing the Californian Bar).
- Ideal verticals have Tech (including Life Sciences), Real Estate and Private Wealth experience.
- Their focus in SF to date has been Tech, but they would consider anyone who fell within, or had a network spanning, any of those verticals
- Someone from the Bay Area would be an obvious fit, but we’d also be interested in people willing to relocate from the likes of NY, LA, San Diego, Boston etc.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
To view all of our open positions:
Recruiting / Account Management
T: 775-338-6204 • email@example.com
www.alchemylegalrecruiting.com • https://www.facebook.com/alchemylegal/
Monday, January 28, 2019
$300,000 - $500,000