Conflicts Staff Attorney - Chicago
- Chicago, IL
Conflicts Staff Attorney
One of our prestigious firms is seeking a Conflicts Staff Attorney who will be responsible for assisting with the review, identification, and resolution of potential conflicts issues Firmwide. This position will work closely with the Deputy General Counsel, Conflicts and New Business, the members of the Firm’s Committee on Professional Responsibility and other members of the Office of General Counsel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and analyze conflicts reports for both new business and lateral hires to identify potential conflicts. Communicate with Firm lawyers to gather more information relevant to potential conflicts and determine steps for resolution.
- Provide Firm lawyers with summary of review, highlighting potential issues. Work closely with Firm lawyers, the Deputy General Counsel, Conflicts and New Business, members of the Committee on Professional Responsibility and other members of the Office of General Counsel to assist with conflict resolution through implementation of screening requirements and obtaining waivers as required.
- Perform analysis and review of new business forms and provide assistance in the new business intake process as needed.
- Assist with transitioning new business clients to the Firm for lateral partner hires, including a complete conflicts analysis and resolution, drafting engagement letters and waivers, and assisting with matter opening.
- Study and stay current with laws and rules pertaining to conflicts of interest in each jurisdiction where our offices are located.
- Maintain records for tracking and timely completion of all conflicts review projects undertaken within the firm.
- Perform various special projects and duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Juris Doctor or equivalent
- Knowledge of rules of professional responsibility
- Admission to a bar in jurisdiction where Firm has office
- A minimum of three years of conflicts experience.
- Conflicts clearance experience at large law firm
- Database research experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong legal analytical and research skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
- A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
Wednesday, January 30, 2019