Strategic Pricing Manager- DC
Major law firm's Strategic Pricing team is responsible for developing creative pricing solutions and implementing project management best practices to ensure that the Firm meets its profitability goals. We are currently building a high caliber, experienced team that is able to respond to the needs of the Firm’s attorneys and clients.
The Strategic Pricing Manager will play a critical role in discharging the Strategic Pricing team’s responsibilities and contribute significantly to meeting the expectations of the Firm’s senior management.
The Strategic Pricing Manager will report to the Director of Pricing Analytics and Project Management. This role will be focused on the development of pricing proposals in response to client demands, and for creating and tracking budgets for large matters in support of the firm’s Legal Project Management initiative.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Work with a variety of key stakeholders, both attorneys and staff, to support the development of profitable pricing solutions in response to client RFPs and informal pricing requests.
· Support attorneys in rate and fee negotiations with clients.
· Advise and educate attorneys on the potential risks and reward of non-standard fee arrangements.
· Provide leadership in the development and evaluation of alternative fee arrangements, with appropriate consideration of quantitative and qualitative criteria.
· Work with attorneys to analyze historical matter performance and develop budgets for large engagements. Works toward meaningful profitability, efficiency improvement and reduction of write-offs.
· Deliver excellent customer service in response to attorney and client requests.
· Knowledge of financial and accounting principles normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent.
· Minimum of 3-5 years professional experience with demonstrated growth in scope of responsibilities, ideally within a law firm or professional services organization. Experience managing teams in a client-facing role is preferred.
· Ability to clearly and concisely summarize complex quantitative concepts, both orally and in written communications to internal and external stakeholders.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Access and PowerPoint. Proficiency in financial modeling and spreadsheet functionality is required. Candidate must be able to manipulate data effectively and present findings to management and attorneys.
· Must be proactive and have the ability to manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous projects and complete work within given time constraints.
· Candidate must be detail oriented, exercise sound judgment and possess the confidence and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with the Firm’s senior management, attorneys and staff.
· Candidate must be a mature, self-motivated person with a positive, professional attitude, with a progressive, consistent work history and excellent references.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume with salary expectations.
Nationwide Legal Recruitment and Placement