Conflicts Attorney - Los Angeles
- Los Angeles, CA
One of our law firms is seeking a Conflicts Associate.in multiple offices. (DC, LA, Atlanta, Boston, & Chicago)
- Bachelor's degree and Juris Doctor degree required. 2+ years of conflicts experience in large law firm environment preferred. Computer proficient with advanced skills in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Explorer and Outlook) required. Experience with on-line reference materials and Boolean searching techniques also preferred. Knowledge of SQL database, electronic imaging and archiving a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to think critically and read for detail, while regularly reviewing large volumes of information under time pressure. Ability to apply these skills to conflicts analysis, review and drafting of conflicts waivers, and other conflicts resolution tasks. Skills in issue spotting, follow-up, and resolution are essential.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive conflict inquiries or complaints.
- Expert abilities in using a conflicts database, preferably CompliGuard Analyze or LegalKey. Knowledge of commercial corporate affiliate aggregate databases and knowledge of common business structures.
- Analyze conflict reports, document potential conflict situations, and propose resolutions.
- Facilitate conflict-clearing process by communicating directly with appropriate attorneys and Firm General Counsel, as needed.
- Procure waiver letters and engagement letters from appropriate attorneys as deemed necessary in each jurisdiction.
- Review and analyze terms of engagement and outside counsel guidelines, identifying issues requiring further review for business and/or ethical reasons.
- Produce written summaries of conflicts issues and document rationale for all final conflict resolutions.
- Upon confirmation of need, establish ethical walls to screen individuals from particular clients and matters as part of conflict clearing process. Independently manage workload to ensure prompt responsiveness to pending conflicts requests. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to, tracking the status of individual requests and updating Firm attorneys as needed about the status of requests.
- Analyze prior legal affiliation reports for all new and lateral hires and present results to Firm management. Participate in the training and education of attorneys on Firm policies and procedures relating to the conflict clearing process.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
To view all of our open positions:
Talent Acquisition Specialist
T: 775-354-4505 • [email protected]
Posted On: Friday, January 4, 2019