Sr. Business Development Manager – M&A, New York, NY
The Business Development Senior Manager—M&A will lead all aspects of the strategic business development and marketing efforts of the M&A practice and other relevant transactional practices and initiatives. This role will work closely with practice leaders, BD department senior management team, as well as operational teams throughout the firm to develop and execute on key initiatives and business plan objectives.
· Focus on execution of strategic planning priorities.
· Maintain partner, practice, industry and client plans.
· Analyze market and competitor research performed by the research team on target clients and industries.
· Conduct additional market/competitor research using various internal and external databases.
· Expand lead generation processes and identify prospective client relationships.
· Drive cross-selling initiatives. Support cross-selling initiatives of other departments, practice groups and teams.
· Monitor and report client development activities.
· Prepare pitches, RFPs, deal lists, brochures and other marketing materials, including drafting original content as needed.
· Maintain and update standard marketing literature for the practice group on a regular basis.
· Work alongside junior members of the team to execute legal directory submissions, league table submissions, biography updates, matter management and other routine projects.
· Oversee the planning, coordinating and implementing various client events, as needed.
· Bachelor's degree. Advanced degree in marketing, business or JD a plus. Minimum of seven years of business experience, including a minimum of five years M&A/private equity legal marketing experience, preferably within the business development department of a law firm.
· Must have an in-depth knowledge of the M&A and private equity landscape, including an understanding of relevant transaction types, key players in the marketplace, industry trends and competitor law firms. A strong understanding of transactional terminology, deal types and the marketing of these services to corporate and private fund clients is required.
· Thorough knowledge of market analysis, including key business development data sources such as Capital IQ, ThomsonOne, Bloomberg and Mergermarket. Must be able to synthesize information and facts to provide brief and detailed company profiles, industry overviews, biographical summaries, and analysis of key transactions, industry trends, litigation and outside counsel.
· Supervisory experience specifically related to hiring and deploying talent; performance management process; setting goals; and delivering timely feedback.
· Must be comfortable articulating and presenting strategic approaches with clarity and practicality. Excellent interpersonal skills and communication ability, including writing, editing and presentation skills.
· Must work with strong intellectual curiosity and resourcefulness to ensure team success. Exhibits high energy and genuine enthusiasm for the subject of legal marketing and business development activities and goals. Healthy competitive spirit.
· Willingness to work long hours and weekends, as needed.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
New York, New York, United States
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible depending on the candidate (they told us to send over candidates with salary expectations).
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Nationwide Legal Recruitment and Placement