Business Development Manager-San Francisco Or Los Angeles
- San Francisco, CA
Business Developer Manager- San Francisco or Los Angeles
This position reports to the Practice Development Director and will be based in Los Angeles or San Francisco offices. Specific job functions include:
- Develop action-oriented plans to execute on strategic growth priorities, including those specific to practices, industries, geographies, and individual lawyers.
- Proactively work with attorneys to define and articulate specific business development goals – including cross-selling, client and prospect targeting, etc.; and support the implementation of tactical plans to achieve those goals.
- Obtain client, prospect and marketing research, working with the library department as needed
- Coach and train lawyers so that they have the necessary skills to advance and achieve individual and firm practice development objectives.
- Actively monitor marketplace, practice and industry developments, particularly those affecting existing and targeted prospective clients, to quickly identify and react to lead generation opportunities.
- Leverage programs established by the PD group such as events, sponsorships, speaking engagements, CLEs, books/articles, etc. to the practice and industry groups, and the individual lawyers to ensure maximum benefit of firm programming.
- Periodically analyze our client base with regard to clients, matters, fees, industries, type of work, and other metrics that will help identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Identify trends and make recommendations for expanding market share.
- Lead the pitch and proposal process, including quality control regarding RFPs and other related deliverables.
- Work with the Business Development Specialist and others in the group to ensure optimal process, content and delivery.
- Track proposal status in a centralized database, analyze outcomes, and continuously improve content for future use.
- Manage the Business Development Specialist.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Thursday, December 6, 2018