Integration Specialist - DC
- Washington, DC
Integration Specialist - Washington, DC
The Integration Specialist is part of the end user computing team and is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation and integration of the Firm’s standard business software on the Firm’s workstations and Citrix environment across all offices, including word processing, document management, portable document format (PDF) creation, document comparison and legal research tools. Ensures that proper release levels of standard applications are installed, customized, configured and integrated.
Responsible for testing and deployment of application and security updates as necessary. Provides escalation support to troubleshoot end user problems arising from software integration sources. Participates in setting direction, strategy and project planning for the desktop applications and tools for firm’s users.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Integration Specialist will use a variety of scripting languages and software development tools to configure, customize, integrate, test, and deploy applications and business tools.
- Testing new versions of business software and patches to ensure their proper operation and integration with existing platforms and software.
- Troubleshoot all aspects of desktop and application interoperability.
- Developing installation packages and deployment methods for the Firm’s standard business software including, but not limited to, the Microsoft Office Suite, document management, document comparison, and legal document and PDF generation tools.
- Using Microsoft SCCM to deploy operating systems and applications to all firm workstations.
- Creating and managing Active Directory Group Policies
- Using Powershell and/or VBScript to automate software deployment and configuration.
- Monitoring service desk ticketing system (e.g. ServiceNow) and research/resolve/close user incidents within predefined SLA’s.
- Providing secondary and tertiary technical support and assistance to IT personnel and users as part of the Firm’s escalation procedures.
- Creating and updating accurate documentation on applications including system configurations, operational procedures, and troubleshooting guides. Ensure configuration database is up-to-date.
- Recommending and building customizations as needed for software deployed to the firm’s desktops.
- Assisting evaluation of security software and ensure stability and performance of desktop remains within acceptable limits.
- Coordinating with technical staff and users in all offices to incorporate required regional customizations to standard desktop applications.
- Displaying excellent problem solving capabilities.
- Working with vendors to resolve difficult technical problems.
- Performing other duties as deemed necessary and assigned.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience supporting integrated desktop software in a law firm or professional services environment.
- 2 years’ support experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (2016 and above) and familiarity with document management system.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience creating and customizing installation packages.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience creating and managing Microsoft Group Policies.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience creating and customizing application installation packages to be deployed in a global WAN environment.
- Should be comfortable providing support for end-user applications.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages such as Power Shell and VBScript or software development experience (C# .Net).
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft SCCM.
- Must have strong analytical ability and problem solving acumen.
- Must have strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Must work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Years of experience may be substituted for a 4 year BS degree from an accredited University in computer science.
- College degree in technical discipline preferred.
- Microsoft Certifications preferred.
- Position requires access to equipment, software, or technology that is subject to U.S. export controls.
- To be granted access pursuant to US Export Control laws, candidate must be either (a) a United States citizen or national; (b) a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence of the United States (i.e., “Green Card” holder); or (c) an INS-approved refugee or asylum holder who has applied for naturalization within six months of the date the individual first became eligible; and if not yet naturalized, is still actively pursuing naturalization if 2 years have passed since the date of application to be granted access pursuant to US Export Control laws.
- Candidates will be required to submit appropriate documentation to determine whether access can be granted before proceeding further through the application process.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Tuesday, June 4, 2019