PIP & First-Party Insurance Defense Attorneys - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
First-Party/PIP Insurance Defense Attorney – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
One of the firms we’re working with is seeking a First-Party/PIP Insurance Defense Attorney. The ideal candidate for the position must have 2-7+ years of first-party property or PIP defense litigation experience. Competitive compensation and benefits offered.
- Manage significant caseload from inception to post-trial.
- Attend hearings, depositions, mediations, and trials.
- Prepare pleadings, discovery/discovery responses, motions, and other litigation documents.
- Prepare timely reports to insurance carriers and clients regarding case status and ongoing activities.
- Develop clients via relationship building methods.
- Travel to various courthouses and other locations is expected.
- Meet monthly billing requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge and experience in first-party property claims and/or PIP litigation.
- Must have knowledge and expertise in all phases of litigation from pleadings through trial.
- Must have knowledge and experience taking and defending depositions.
- Must have strong and persuasive oral advocacy as well as excellent writing skills.
- Must be skilled in evaluating cases.
- Must have strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Must have strong problem-solving skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must have effective time management skills.
- Ability to manage a high volume caseload.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to provide superior client service
- Ability to interact with attorneys, paralegals, court personnel, opposing counsel, clients, and office staff in a professional manner.
- Ability to delegate and prioritize as necessary.
- Critical thinking and decisive judgement
- Motivated and assertive
- Proactive and results oriented
- Must be a Good Standing Member of the Florida Bar.
- Excellent academic credentials required.
- Must have knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be technologically confident, very comfortable using process management systems and effectively utilizes available technology and automation.
- Knowledge of Time Matters, Juris and Acuity is a plus.
- Medical, dental, vision and voluntary insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid Holiday and Time-Off benefits
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
Recruiting / Account Management
Tuesday, March 17, 2020