Manager of Financial Enterprise Systems - DC
- Washington, DC
Manager of Enterprise Systems (Financial Systems) - Washington, DC
The Manager of Enterprise Systems (MSE) is responsible for the full application lifecycle. The MSE oversees the specification, design, development, implementation, maintenance, and daily operational support of all aspects of the Firm’s financial solutions (Elite 3E) and several other systems, including but not limited to ChromeRiver and the Firm’s new business intake system.
The MSE implements application solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations and streamline legal work in support of the Firm’s lawyers. The MSE facilitates project management for systems development and enhancement, including relevant business analysis, drafting of requirements documentation, system design and architecture, development of project plans and timelines, testing, and management of end-user expectations. This covers both custom solutions developed internally and commercial-off-the-shelf products. The MSE oversees a team of programming analysts and provides direction and support. The MSE acts as a liaison to the team’s internal customers, engaging with them to understand current business needs and anticipate future requirements. The MSE serves as the steward for the systems s/he supports and is the individual ultimately responsible and accountable for reliably delivering the service to lawyers and staff in the most efficient manner possible.
- 7-10 years of experience managing information systems and team of developers, with extensive work in a large Firm setting, a comparable professional services organization, or a legal information services provider.
- Experience in maintaining and supporting Thomson’s Elite 3E infrastructure.
- Experience working with IDE, EDG, and Biztalk to create customizations, reports, and integrations. Strong background in integrating thirdparty systems and custom built solutions with 3E.
- Experience with expense and invoicing solutions like Chrome River, specifically using automated processes to load reference data and extract transactions for posting into 3E.
- Experience working with Intapp Open to support the conflicts clearance and new business intake processes.
- Strong background in ETL tools like Integration Builder and writing MSSQLServer stored procedures to extract data for reporting and other systems.
- Demonstrated experience improving the user experience preferably in a professional services firm. Experience applying waterfall and agile methodologies in developing customs solutions as needed. Strong leadership and project management skills required.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required. ? Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills required.
- Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent combination of education and applicable experience. Master’s degree in a technical or business discipline preferred.
- Certification in select Microsoft Cloud services is preferable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide new application solutions to lawyers and staff to enable improved collaboration, productivity, and effectiveness.
- Manage technology operations to function smoothly and economically with primary emphasis on business effectiveness, availability, stability, and reliability.
- Oversee workload of staff; develop, mentor, and motivate a team of junior and senior developers with diverse mix of skill sets and experience.
- Facilitate teamwork with technology personnel from other groups in IT, vendors, and integrators in the delivery of systems and integrated software applications.
- Monitor industry trends and anticipate changes to how application solutions are implemented and deployed Firm-wide.
- Prepare input to the annual operating and capital budgets and recommend long-range and annual technology plans.
- Design application architecture that enhances internal and external collaboration.
- Develop measures and plans to continuously improve the user experience.
- Develop and execute project management plans to achieve desired time lines as systems and programs are selected, purchased, installed, and/or further developed.
- Recommend and implement best practices, processes, and procedures related to all aspects of application development.
- Ensure applications meet the Firm’s information security requirements and remediate deficiencies when identified.
- Proactively apply quality management, change control, risk mitigation, and customer satisfaction control procedures.
- Assist with the design, testing, and implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans, procedures, audits, and enhancements.
- Promote unparalleled customer service to our lawyers and clients.
- Communicate complex system information and ideas effectively and efficiently to lawyers, managers, and staff.
Requirements: Position requires access to equipment, software, or technology that is subject to U.S. export controls. To be granted access pursuant to US Export Control laws, candidate must be either (a) a United States citizen or national; (b) a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence of the United States (i.e., “Green Card” holder); or (c) an INSapproved refugee or asylum holder who has applied for naturalization within six months of the date the individual first became eligible; and if not yet naturalized, is still actively pursuing naturalization if 2 years have passed since the date of application to be granted access pursuant to US Export Control laws. Candidates will be required to submit appropriate documentation to determine whether access can be granted before proceeding further through the application process.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Tuesday, July 16, 2019