IP Prosecution Docket Specialist-Trademark/Patent
- New York, NY
IP Prosecution Docket Specialist-Trademark/Patent
General Statement of Duties:
The Docketing Specialist is responsible for accurate review, entering, processing and tracking of critical dates for all IP-related prosecution matters (patent, trademark, copyright, and domain names worldwide) received from the USPTO and foreign associates. Responsibilities include maintaining the docket system, Computer Packages, Inc. (“CPi”). The Docketing Specialist must have prior IP Prosecution docketing experience of at least 5 years and demonstrate high attention to detail, excellent execution and communication skills, and planning skills. The person must be capable of organizing his/her workload, exercise independent judgment and discretion while working autonomously (seeking counsel when appropriate) and work under pressure often with competing priorities. Accurate and timely completion of responsibilities and tasks to ensure strict deadlines are adhered to and met is essential.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for entering and tracking critical dates with respect to Patent.
- Trademark prosecution while discerning the appropriate information to enter into the docket in a timely and accurate manner; interpreting official documents and correspondence to gather necessary information for entry into CPi.
- Processes and interprets incoming correspondence from the USPTO, attorneys, clients and foreign associates for entering into the docket database.
- Prepares timely and accurate reports, searching for and retrieving filing information from websites if/when needed to maintain the integrity of the CPi database.
- Responsible for accurate review and second checking of co-workers work, processing and docketing all documents received from the USPTO and foreign associates, as well as maintenance of IP records and related docket entries in CPi.
- Promptly emails relevant communications to the attorneys especially when mail is addressed to only the docketing department.
- Regularly performs significant and recurring tasks with a high degree of priority, attention to detail and maintains follow-up on diverse activities in a timely, deadline-driven environment.
- Exercises good judgment in application of policies and practices in handling all prosecution matters handled by the Docketing Department.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Docket Manager and Department Manager.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 3- 5 years of law firm experience, preferably in patent prosecution. Prior experience and knowledge of IP areas of legal practice concentrating in Patent prosecution.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and computer skills, as well as a strong work ethic working independently and with co-workers.
- Excellent organizational skills that enable the proper management of the workload, exercising independent judgment and discretion while working autonomously under challenging time constraints with competing priorities.
- Strong planning and execution and proactive in taking ownership of daily work and seeing it through to completion.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to read and comprehend complex materials involving legal and technical matters; ability to accurately and thoroughly document and file information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with attorneys, management and staff.
- Solid working knowledge of Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010 and Outlook, as well as CPi, searching skills using PAIR and foreign websites.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and conflicting demands in a timely manner;
- Ability to read and comprehend complex materials involving legal and technical matters;
- Prior experience and knowledge of IP areas of legal practice concentrating in Patent prosecution;
- Ability to accurately and thoroughly document and file information;
- Ability to work well independently and with others to accomplish goals;Ability to communicate effectively with attorneys, management and staff;Taking ownership of your daily work and seeing it through to completion;
- Excellent organization skills.
Supervisory Responsibility – This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment – This position operates in a professional office environment.
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Work Hours – This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel – Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible depending on the candidate (they told us to send over candidates with salary expectations)
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Nationwide Legal Recruitment and Placement
Monday, October 1, 2018