Trademark Docketing Specialist, Intellectual Property & Technology - Chicago, San Diego or Washington, DC
The Firm is currently recruiting for a Docketing Specialist, Intellectual Property & Technology for our Chicago, San Diego or Washington, DC. This position will support the US region IP Docketing Department.
· Docket incoming postal and electronic international and domestic trademark mail, including oppositions and cancellations, from the USPTO and foreign associates.
· Docket copyrights and domain names.
· De-docket international and domestic action items from the docket system.
· Update critical information in the trademark docketing database daily as indicated by attorney, paralegal and secretary instructions.
· Assist with various administrative duties relating to both international and domestic trademark matters.
· Generate basic docket reports and queries as requested by attorneys, paralegals and secretaries.
· Create new trademark records within the docketing software system and resolve any discrepancies within the new business intake system and the docketing software system.
· Handle all inquiries from attorneys, paralegals and secretaries in a timely and efficient manner.
· Assist the Lead Regional Analyst - US, Trademark Docket with special projects/requests as needed.
· Other duties as assigned to fully meet the requirements of the position.
Experience & Qualifications
· Experience utilizing IP docketing software; experience using Inprotech highly desirable.
· Minimum 5 years direct domestic and international trademark docketing experience required; direct experience docketing copyright matters, domain names, oppositions and cancellations.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office suite applications including Outlook, Excel and Word.
· Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Excellent communication skills, time management and organizational skills.
· Strong working knowledge of domestic and international trademark processes and laws as they pertain to docketing.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred.
· Available to work overtime.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible depending on the candidate (they pay big firm rates)
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Nationwide Legal Recruitment and Placement