Business Development Specialist (Finance) - NY
- New York, NY
Business Development Specialist (Finance) – New York, NY ($95k-$115k)
We are working with a major law firm that seeks an experienced Business Development Finance Specialist with 5-15+ years’ experience to join its New York office. The position will support the Finance practices (Banking & Finance, Capital Markets and Structured Finance & Derivatives) with coordination and implementation of business development programs and projects from initial strategy through monitoring and completion.
Ideal candidates will be polished and professional as this a highly-respected position that works on the floor directly with multiple partners. The BD Specialist role will be the only position within the Banking & Finance practice and they need someone who can hit the ground running and is comfortable managing a workload independently/with little supervision.
- Interfacing with the Director, Corporate Business Development and partners, oversee, execute, and draft client pitches, proposals, and responses to RFPs, drawing on practice area knowledge and practice and matter descriptions, as well as commence and complete related assignments such as client research.
- Maintain frequently used collateral material (e.g. attorney biographies, practice and industry descriptions and experience lists, etc.)
- Act as the point person for all finance practice internal deal reporting.
- Submit to and oversee all the league table submissions for the practices (Thomson, Bloomberg, etc.)
- Contribute to all profile-raising efforts for the practice and lawyers, including writing directory submissions and other award submissions.
- Identify strategies and opportunities for expanding client relationships in Banking & Finance, Capital Markets and Structured Finance & Derivatives practices by monitoring and reporting trends and issues.
- Collaborate other groups within Marketing & Business Development, including CRM, database marketing, PR, Events and Creative Services.
- Participate in all Global Marketing and Business Development calls and collaborate with BD team to complement BD activities with client, sector and competitive intelligence; conduct business intelligence research.
- Maintain good public relations by establishing and maintaining relationships with clients, vendors and visitors.
- Identify cross-practice business development initiatives as needed.
- Contribute to the development of strategy and implementation of plans for the Finance practices.
- Observe confidentiality of all Firm and client matters.
- Any other responsibilities or special projects as assigned by management.
- 5-15+ years of experience in Business Development, Marketing, Events or Communications in a law firm environment.
- Some exposure and/or experience working in a Banking & Finance and/or Capital Markets practice.
- Ability to work in various applications and programs (Microsoft Office Suite 2010).
- Ability to use primary and secondary research tools to synthesize insights, conduct legal or business market research and to clarify options.
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts or marketing-related discipline, business administration or equivalent.
- A solid understanding of law firms and financial institutions is preferable.
Firm offers competitive compensation package comprised of base pay and discretionary year-end bonus for eligible employees.Benefits include, but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, disability coverage, life insurance, flexible spending plan and a 401K plan. Firm also offers generous paid time off and holidays.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Monday, November 25, 2019