Business Development & Marketing Administrator (Litigation) - Houston
- Houston, TX
Business Development & Marketing Administrator (Litigation) - Houston, TX
We are working with a top law firm whose Marketing department has an excellent opportunity for a Business Development & Marketing Administrator for the Litigation Practice Group in the Houston office. This role works closely with the Director of Business Development - Litigation, the Litigation Marketing Managers, and the firmwide marketing team to initiate, coordinate, and implement marketing and business development initiatives for the firmwide Litigation Group as well as the Houston office.
- In collaboration with the Litigation Director and Managers, manage office and practice team events/conferences, including: establishing and managing budget, site selection, development of invite list, invitation process, event logistics, site set-up, CLE planning and post event follow-up. For virtual events such as webinars, additionally set up all required technology.
- Work closely with Firm lawyers and marketing department personnel to create client-focused brochures and other collateral and pitch materials that meet attorney specifications.
- For client proposal responses, gather and analyze existing relevant materials, provide competitive intelligence in conjunction with research team, identify and gather firmwide human resources and financial information as needed, gain final department and lawyer approvals, proof and correct errors, format for consistency and visual appeal while upholding Firm branding standards, and coordinate the printing and timely delivery of business development and marketing materials. Share best practices in the marketing department’s knowledge base.
- Liaise with the communications team to prepare Chambers, Legal 500 and other submissions to rankings and directories.
- Track numerous areas of practice and service activity, including but not limited to collection of matter summaries for use in the Firm’s experience database and various directory reporting efforts.
- In coordination with the Litigation Marketing Managers, orchestrate sponsorship/membership opportunities, including: vetting opportunities, arranging for payment, managing ad production, and arranging events, conferences, speaking opportunities, log-ins/passwords, marketing materials, etc., for these initiatives.
- Collaborate with the appropriate team members to maintain accurate and effective web content for both Houston and Litigation teams and attorneys.
- Support the integration of lateral attorneys, including bio creation and posting, Firm photo, press release and intranet story, announcements, community involvement database, business development planning, and contacts integration.
- Assist the Litigation Marketing Managers in staying abreast of news about client development targets in order to suggest opportunities and approaches for client expansion or market penetration.
- In tandem with the competitive intelligence team, conduct research on such targets as needed. Create development activity reports.
- Respond to requests and questions from lawyers, administrative staff, and vendors; provide excellent customer service; and follow-through on requests to ensure needs are met.
- Assist the Litigation Group Chair and Director of Business Development where needed with Litigation group-wide practice development projects and initiatives.
- Other duties as requested and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field.
- 2-7+ years of related experience; Law firm experience highly desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Proven aptitude to learn new software applications.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize projects with accuracy and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Proven ability to manage major projects, coordinating effectively and professionally with all levels of attorneys and staff.
- Strong analytical and communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to speak effectively and respond to inquiries from all levels of clients and professional and support staff.
- Interpersonal communication skills necessary to maintain effective relationships with partners, attorneys, clients and staff, and to exhibit a high degree of responsiveness, diplomacy and professionalism in these interactions.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Tuesday, August 20, 2019