Business Development Manager
- Washington, DC
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications or related field. MBA or JD a plus.
- Minimum of three years of experience in professional services marketing and business development.
- Demonstrated background of accomplishment in marketing and business development. Previous law firm experience is highly desirable.
- High level of accountability on all work product and ability to effectively juggle multiple projects.
- Experience supervising a direct report a plus.
- Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required. InterAction, Adobe, and Publisher skills a plus.
- Act as primary point of contact for practice group leadership and broader partnership.
- Attend regular practice group meetings with the Firm’s Management Committee; coordinate preparation for meetings with Practice leadership, reporting on business development activities and progress against plans, analyzing monthly data output from Accounting on current workloads, new matters, lawyer activity.
- Direct practice group response process for RFP/pitch opportunities, including development of customized, client specific pitch materials. Track opportunity origination and win/loss record.
- Actively manage and participate in related practice group meetings.
- Actively monitor relevant trade press and case filings to report on prospective client development leads to partners on a daily basis.
- Provide strategic business development advice to leadership and partners focused on the generation of new business leads, expansion of existing clients, and identification and pursuit of cross-selling opportunities, including conception of new projects and initiatives.
- Plan and support business development events, such as seminars, webinars, dinners, etc.
- Plan and support targeted marketing campaigns, comprising of digital content and messaging to support specific business development objectives i.e. market penetration, industry expansion, cross-selling, etc.
- Lead integration of lateral attorneys within assigned practice groups.
- Counsel lawyers on personal business development goals, providing guidance and support for plan implementation.
- Provide existing client, prospective client, industry or other client development-related research, in coordination with dedicated Research team.
- Responsibility for select Relationship Manager program clients – drafting fiscal year plans, and reporting on progress throughout the year.
- Manage practice submissions to Chambers, Legal 500, GAR and other rankings, surveys, and award nominations.
- Work closely with Public Relations team to identify and leverage media opportunities.
Wednesday, January 16, 2019